Should I Support Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyway in all seriousness, (you being a newbie) if you can manage to ignore this laughing stock of a season ... and yet still feel a connection with Spurs, then go for it.

seriously?
Who the fuck do you think we support?
In 21 Premier league seasons, we have FINISHED the season with less points than we have currently, on 12 occasions. 44 being the lowest.
Our average on the 21 completed seasons is 55.14 points - so we are currently above that, with six games left.
Theoretically, we could finish this season with two more points than our previous highest total.
Laughing stock of a season?
Sure, the thumpings haven't been good to watch, and the managerial merry go round embarrassment has been pathetic - but par for the course to endure.
But things have been much, much worse.

You know nothing Jon Snow

seriously?
In 21 Premier league seasons we have FINISHED the season with less points than we have currently, on 12 occasions. 44 being the lowest.
Our average on the 21 completed seasons is 55.14 points - so we are currently above that, with six games left
Theoretically, we could finish this season with two more points than our previous highest total
Sure, the thumpings haven't been good to watch, and the managerial merry go round embarrassment has been pathetic - but par for the course to endure.

I think it's a fair call to suggest our treatment of managers since Jol (including) has been fairly questionable and in pure contradiction to Dan's loving fan letters about long term stability and vision.

Somewhere down the line he's gonna have to bite the bullet and back someone up for a long period of time, And in all aspects that come with that

I think it's a fair call to suggest our treatment of managers since Jol (including) has been fairly questionable and in pure contradiction to Dan's loving fan letters about long term stability and vision.

Somewhere down the line he's gonna have to bite the bullet and back someone up for a long period of time, And in all aspects that come with that
A song I have sung for many years.

A song I have sung for many years.
Which is way, I felt AVB was last-chance saloon for Dan & co. - finally the long-term vision could have been reflected and built upon, DOF, blah, blah, blah, etc.

Whoever comes in next has to be supported unconditionally and irrespective of a few bad results, etc. And if not - perhaps they're are unwilling/unable to take us any further - so could be time to sell up and jog on.

Which is way I felt AVB was last-chance saloon for Dan & co. - finally the long-term vision could have been reflected and built upon, DOF, blah, blah. Whoever comes in next has to be supported unconditionally of a few bad results, etc. And if not - perhaps they're are unwilling/unable to take us any further - so could be time to sell up and jog on.
do you have no other expression to use - other than jog on?
AVB was not the solution, unless you wanted 10 years of tedious football that made your eyes bleed

We would have never known
fair point, he may have started with that approach and then as the seasons went by, if we had become a stronger team - he may have opened the play out to be more expansive and entertaining.
Redknapp might have started playing teams that were more consistent.
Hoddle might have developed some humility and man management skills

A combination of the 3 might have us winning things for the next 10 years

sigh

seriously?
In 21 Premier league seasons, we have FINISHED the season with less points than we have currently, on 12 occasions. 44 being the lowest.
Our average on the 21 completed seasons is 55.14 points - so we are currently above that, with six games left.
Theoretically, we could finish this season with two more points than our previous highest total.

In case you didn't know, our highest total points last year got us only a Europa League spot.
Increase in points attained doesn't mean anything, if teams around and above you are all improving.
As times moves forward, news stats are made ... At the end, it's the position that matters, not the points.

Anyway, that's a different case.
All I'm saying is that IMO all these poor decisions in the Summer, these hacking and sackings, these losses, these bust-ups, these ridiculous rumors, etc etc ... all add up to a fine recipe for a laughing stock. Look around, no one takes us seriously.

It may have been worse before my time, but I'm sure as laughing in despair of a season that should've been the beginning of something great.

In case you didn't know, our highest total points last year got us only a Europa League spot.
Increase in points attained doesn't mean anything, if teams around and above you are all improving.
As times moves forward, news stats are made ... At the end, it's the position that matters, not the points.

Anyway, that's a different case.
All I'm saying is that IMO all these poor decisions in the Summer, these hacking and sackings, these losses, these bust-ups, these ridiculous rumors, etc etc ... all add up to a fine recipe for a laughing stock. Look around, no one takes us seriously.

It may have been worse before my time, but I'm sure as laughing in despair of a season that should've been the beginning of something great.
In case I don't know what? I'm sure if I can master Fourier analysis and LaPlace transforms I can manage to understand points and league positions. I really don't need the patronising analysis of what points and positions mean either thanks.
What you really mean is, you have had your feelings hurt because other people support teams that are doing better than us and they have been gloating and taking the piss.
Seriously mate - this is par for the course as a Spurs supporter, so suck it up princess, and take the pain.
You know what the alternative is.

If we get LvG one of the greatest managers in football history (not an exageration either) whose not only got a great record but a great legacy at many clubs such as Bayern Munich, Bercelona, Ajax and fire him after 18 months/2 years Levy pretty much fires himself.

LvG is just about as proven a manager as there is anywhere and I for one would give him 5-10 easy to make our team work as I can imagine would most fans, I don't see how Levy can hire someone like him and try and fire him if he looses his patience.

............Seriously mate - this is par for the course as a Spurs supporter, so suck it up princess, and take the pain. You know what the alternative is.
Nah, I don't need any alternative ... I'm doing great thanks to CALM.

Oh and as for the feelings part, you should try and utilize them more often ... quite ironically on your part, it'll make more enjoyable experience "for the course as a Spurs supporter."

There's nothing wrong with being upset at a disappointing season and recognizing that when we are shit ... we are shit. The downs just makes it more fun when enjoying the ups.

Nah, I don't need any alternative ... I'm doing great thanks to CALM.

Oh and as for the feelings part, you should try and utilize them more often ... quite ironically on your part, it'll make more enjoyable experience "for the course as a Spurs supporter."

There's nothing wrong with being upset at a disappointing season and recognizing that when we are shit ... we are shit. The downs just makes it more fun when enjoying the ups.
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Your grammar is fucked up and wierd.
I hate it when we lose, just as much as you or anyone else, but believe me - its much better to be a Spurs supporter than a wet spam supporter, or Norwich, or Doncaster or Harlepool.
We get the piss taken for sure, but you only get it if you dish it out, so learn to deal with it. Laughing stock? I don't think so - not for 86 other sets of supporters, and even the ones above us are nervous about what we will become, when the management shit gets sorted.
I am happy where I am as a supporter, because things have been soooooooo much worse.
Its not that I want less than you - its just that I can deal with the pain, as I have had plenty of practice.
And we are not shit, just disorganised.

I recently met a fella who supports Man City AND Chelsea. He used to support Man U until Ronaldo left.

To the person who started this thread - please don't be one of those. It can't be any fun.

I'm Tottenham because my family are from the area going back 5 generations.

I'm related to past players through both my parents' families and my grandparents met at a Tottenham match in the 1920s.

So, I had no choice or even gave it any thought growing up.

But maximum respect to someone who has no family or geographical link with Tottenham but who finds some spark, some indefinable "thing" that reaches out to that person and says something to them about who they are.

Find that then yes, you should support Spurs!

And we'll welcome you with open arms.

COYS

1338872277748_3368167.png

Back
Top Bottom