Set pieces

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our corners are shockingly bad. Back when VDV was taking them they were even worse.
Our free kickI taking is poor and Uninventive. Eriksen at least is good at direct free kicks. Even the small clubs in the league and in Eirope are more inventive than us.
I think our defense of set pieces has improved.

Caulker was a big loss in that respect. AVB is a muppet for letting him go.
Wondering if anyone else is thinking this...
If Cardiff get relegated, would you grab him back?
I would, young and English with a good skill set.
Not to mention Kaboul looks history (saddens me to say).

The thing that worries me though, is set pieces are all about tekkers. When you have Naughton stepping up, you are admitting that he is the most technically sound player on the pitch.
How does the striking of a dead ball directly correlate to the technical ability of a player when he is in open play?

Which team is any good at them? ( honest question)
I'm sure there's someone who has a good ratio.

Stoke under Pullis ?

Which team is any good at them? ( honest question)
I'm sure there's someone who has a good ratio.

Stoke under Pullis ?

Last season man Utd won the prem because of them. You take away their set piece goals from last year and they would probably be closer to where they are today. (Well, maybe not, Fergz was good enough to find a way to win)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ester-United-best-Newcastle-United-worst.html

What sucks from our standpoint is we win SO MANY corners, but are still lower in the table at scoring from them. Double whammy.

We have conceded the least amount of headed goals in the Premier League (which would indicate we're not that bad).

this is because teams are too focused on riping us a new arsehole playing balls along the ground behind the defence (dawson) to worry about out-jumping us to score with a header

this is because teams are too focused on riping us a new arsehole playing balls along the ground behind the defence (dawson) to worry about out-jumping us to score with a header
so you agree with me then.....
64.jpg

I used to but I honestly can't remember the last league goal we conceded to a set piece. Dawson seems to have mastered the set piece defending and Lloris hits everything that comes near him.

I agree but i just have this gut feeling. i know its not in the league but home leg against dnipro was an absolute shocker

Back
Top Bottom