Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whatever word Aurier did/didn't use, he did say it in the context of Blanc sucking Ibrahimovic off, shaft & balls...or was that lost in translation too?

No, just fictional. It was said in the context of him not going on nights out with players

I'm not saying he is homophobic, but what he said was homophobic. Whatever the translation of the word, if you look at the surrounding context of it, I don't see how the homophobic nature of his comments isn't plain.

I assume this is just because you're not familiar with the term. It translates to more so to "pussy" than anything homosexually-descriptive.

No doubt we've all said things that with the benefit of hindsight we wish we hadn't, but when it's laid down on a social media platform it's difficult to erase.

He was very stupid, he was punished & he says he's come here to re invent himself & show the world the real Serge Aurier. I'm happy with that, & reassured that Poch will headbutt him if he steps out of line.

I agree, but people are getting angry over something that wasn't said

No, just fictional. It was said in the context of him not going on nights out with players

I assume this is just because you're not familiar with the term. It translates to more so to "pussy" than anything homosexually-descriptive.

I agree, but people are getting angry over something that wasn't said
Ok, so he called his manager a pussy (on your translation, but fiotte is also translated as faggot) who sucks the dick & balls of his star striker.
And that's not a homophobic comment?
Ok then.

Ok, so he called his manager a pussy (on your translation, but fiotte is also translated as faggot) who sucks the dick & balls of his star striker.
And that's not a homophobic comment?
Ok then.

There's an entirely different set of dialogue between that!

So I assume you think it's homophobic to suggest someone is gay , based on their behaviour towards another man?

Or is it homophobic to suggest someone is a pussy, by implying they can't handle nights out?

Or, are you just putting 2+2 together using a daily mail calculator to make 7

There's an entirely different set of dialogue between that!

So I assume you think it's homophobic to suggest someone is gay , based on their behaviour towards another man?

Or is it homophobic to suggest someone is a pussy, by implying they can't handle nights out?

Or, are you just putting 2+2 together using a daily mail calculator to make 7
What the fuck are you going on about?
It's debatable what the translation is. Plenty of places refer to "fiotte" as "faggot" as a direct translation.
Whether it's a "pussy" or a "faggot" matters little.
If I say "CJJ is a pussy who sucks his old man's dick, balls, the lot", people could properly conclude I was making a gay slur about you & your dad.

Stick your daily mail calculator up your arse. There's another one.

What the fuck are you going on about?
It's debatable what the translation is. Plenty of places refer to "fiotte" as "faggot" as a direct translation.
Whether it's a "pussy" or a "faggot" matters little.
If I say "CJJ is a pussy who sucks his old man's dick, balls, the lot", people could properly conclude I was making a gay slur about you & your dad.

Stick your daily mail calculator up your arse. There's another one.

Except he didn't use the word "fiotte" in context of the other reference to "he takes everything" about Zlatan.

You're stitching two completely separate quotes together to suit an agenda. They were two completely different answers to two completely different questions.

Except he didn't use the word "fiotte" in context of the other reference to "he takes everything" about Zlatan.

You're stitching two completely separate quotes together to suit an agenda. They were two completely different answers to two completely different questions.
It's not suiting any agenda. He's a Spurs player & I hope he does magnificently for us... I do wish he'd never made the comments he did though & I bet he does too. Doesn't change the fact that both comments were made during the same social media rant (or whatever it was). And it doesn't change the fact that both quotes have homophobic connotations. If you went down the pub tonight & called a bloke (gay or not) a pussy or a faggot & later said they suck dick & balls, if you didn't wake up in an oxygen tent, you'd likely wake up with a charge sheet in your back pocket. And I wouldn't fancy your chances of defending it using your rationale.

You may well not be a homophobe but the language used would almost certainly be deemed homophobic. He's apologised & accepted the punishment for what he said- surely he wouldn't have if he believed he was just using his right to free expression? And that's where I'm going to leave it because it's done & dusted & hopefully he's learned from it.

Yes, of course. Boltonspur Boltonspur must have an agenda....:rolleyes:

You can argue semantics until the cows come home over the meaning of fiotte, but he used the example of gay sex between the two to indicate negative and inappropriate behaviour. The reference to a homosexual act wasn't meant as a compliment was it? So if he's using homosexual acts as an insult, portraying them as being a bad personal trait, how is that not homophobic? Of course it is. Plus, with "une fiotte" often taken to mean faggot and used in conjunction with the gay sex allegation, how can you possibly argue that he wasn't trying to portray them as gay as a way of insulting them? I find this need to try and downplay, excuse almost pretend such behaviour didn't exist, just because the guy now plays for us, pretty bizarre. You seem to be arguing "walks like a duck, talks like a duck....but hey, it's a giraffe!".

Last edited:
It's not suiting any agenda. He's a Spurs player & I hope he does magnificently for us... I do wish he'd never made the comments he did though & I bet he does too. Doesn't change the fact that both comments were made during the same social media rant (or whatever it was). And it doesn't change the fact that both quotes have homophobic connotations. If you went down the pub tonight & called a bloke (gay or not) a pussy or a faggot & later said they suck dick & balls, if you didn't wake up in an oxygen tent, you'd likely wake up with a charge sheet in your back pocket. And I wouldn't fancy your chances of defending it using your rationale.

You may well not be a homophobe but the language used would almost certainly be deemed homophobic. He's apologised & accepted the punishment for what he said- surely he wouldn't have if he believed he was just using his right to free expression? And that's where I'm going to leave it because it's done & dusted & hopefully he's learned from it.

Ok, and the "joke" on here about Dele and Dier being a couple is completely different, and people using words like twat and cunt on here isn't sexist or male chauvanistic.

You can't pick and choose what is homophobic. If you're offended, it's because you've chosen to translate a word into a context that just doesn't exist for it in French.

(BTW he apologised for insulting the manager - have you noticed that only the press in this country think it was homophobic, and not the press in the language that it was spoken? I wonder why that is...)

Also,

If you went down the pub tonight & called a bloke (gay or not) a pussy or a faggot & later said they suck dick & balls, if you didn't wake up in an oxygen tent, you'd likely wake up with a charge sheet in your back pocket.

What the fuck is that about :roflmao:

You seriously think that you'd get "charged" for calling someone a pussy. Christ, that's a sheltered life!

So not only the classic 'Shirt in Hand'... but the slightly more aggressive, fan endearing; 'clutchy grabby badge in fist' pose!

He knows how to play to the gallery... I'll give him that!
I assume a new PR team were employed after his recent past??

I'm still unclear. Is Aurier a homophobe? :)

Just to clarify it for you..Aurier is Homer Simpson not a homophobe?

Untitled.png

i get the feeling that we've signed a world class right back in Serge. The way he receives the ball, moves and plays with his head up can only be a good thing for Pochettino to work with.

I've never seen a Spurs team with so much aggression running through it. It'll be interesting to see how quickly he's able to adapt but I do hope we get to see a real class act with Serge (got high hopes for Foyth and Davinson as well both look so classy in their own unique ways)

Playing devil's advocate here, but what's worse, possible homosexual slur or getting nabbed taking back a random bird to shag whilst the pregnant wife's on holiday?

What are the Everton fans saying about that?

Ok, and the "joke" on here about Dele and Dier being a couple is completely different, and people using words like twat and cunt on here isn't sexist or male chauvanistic.

You can't pick and choose what is homophobic. If you're offended, it's because you've chosen to translate a word into a context that just doesn't exist for it in French.

(BTW he apologised for insulting the manager - have you noticed that only the press in this country think it was homophobic, and not the press in the language that it was spoken? I wonder why that is...)

Also,

What the fuck is that about :roflmao:

You seriously think that you'd get "charged" for calling someone a pussy. Christ, that's a sheltered life!
It does translate to "fag/faggot" though- as much as it does to "pussy".
It's a perjorative French term for a homosexual. No matter which way you want to rename it in English.

Go to a cafe in France & call a bloke "une fiotte" and see the reaction. You wouldn't, would you? & would you then follow it up with suggesting that the same bloke engaged in homosexual practices?

And I'm not someone with a sheltered life. Believe me. I know enough, that if someone made a complaint that you had called them a "homo", a "faggot", a "fag", "queen", "queer" or a "pussy", and then accused them of engaging in homosexual practices, you would very likely be charged. If you don't believe me, give it a try next time you're in full public view & make sure a copper hears you.

Back
Top Bottom