Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not uncomfortable. I thought we were having a discussion. I should have known better than to engage. We differ in our opinions, so let's leave it there shall we?
If you thought we were just having a discussion you wouldn't have resorted to hyperbolic language designed to make me look like some sort of militant nutter.

As for "we differ in opinions so let's not talk" that's the coward's way out. I haven't actually been declaring my opinions at all. I have been putting questions and scenarios to you for comment and trying to give you comparisons to think about how others might perceive certain behaviours. If I were offering opinions I would simply have told you whether or not I thought you were being homophobic. But I haven't. It reality you are choosing to bottle out of the discussion, such as addressing the question of whether or not you equate bigotry with profanity, because you obviously can't rationally explain your position. Shame. C'est la vie.

If you thought we were just having a discussion you wouldn't have resorted to hyperbolic language designed to make me look like some sort of militant nutter.

As for "we differ in opinions so let's not talk" that's the coward's way out. I haven't actually been declaring my opinions at all. I have been putting questions and scenarios to you for comment and trying to give you comparisons to think about how others might perceive certain behaviours. If I were offering opinions I would simply have told you whether or not I thought you were being homophobic. But I haven't. It reality you are choosing to bottle out of the discussion, such as addressing the question of whether or not you equate bigotry with profanity, because you obviously can't rationally explain your position. Shame. C'est la vie.
Hyperbolic language? Like coward and bottling out?

We do differ and that's fine. If you were asking me questions to allow me to get my point across, thanks for that and I believe I've done that. Anything further would be us going in circles and I've no wish to do that.

I'd appreciate it if you'd accept that.

We do differ and that's fine. If you were asking me questions to allow me to get my point across, thanks for that and I believe I've done that. Anything further would be us going in circles and I've no wish to do that.

Calling someone a poof is homophobic whether you like it or not; you are making homosexuality a negative trait.

I know people who will say "I didn't mean any offence, so you/they shouldn't take any". Cunts to a man (or woman).

The little fingers crossed emoji on the Tottenham Hotspur photo he took

Twitter

I really hope he does well and is able to put the things that have happened in the past in the past not just for him but for everyone it had a negative effect on well and truly in the past

The real stuff starts now Serge, keep it real, humain and sincere. We all want to love you just try to be the best you can be. Time to lead by example now fella and show everyone the type of player we want to have associated with our great club and tradition

COYS!

Last edited:
I've used many terms meaning "homosexual" in my life. Still do. If an Woolwich player falls down without anyone touching him, I'll happily shout "GET UP YOU POOF". This doesn't make me homophobic. It doesn't make the word homophobic. If I were using it as a term to cause distress to a homosexual, then it's homophobic.

I'd be absolutely stunned if this forum full of manly men, that use the word "cunt" as punctuation, isnt almost entirely filled with people who do as I do.

Or it could be the biggest collection of chivalrous white knights ever. Or the biggest collection of lying bastards.

Of course it's homophobic, it's comparing a player who is acting weak to a gay man
Thereby implying gay men are weak.

If I say your mum is a cunt, but she doesn't hear it, does that make it less offensive?

My friends use the term that I'm gay because I don't like football. What a bunch of idiots. I'm gay because I like cock. EF

im not gay nor am i homosimpon, just wanted to share the joke.

I just hope that Aurier is up to the standards Poch demands of our full backs, cause we need him to start against Dortmund. I fully expect Trippier to get the nod on Saturday.

Of course it's homophobic, it's comparing a player who is acting weak to a gay man
Thereby implying gay men are weak.

If I say your mum is a cunt, but she doesn't hear it, does that make it less offensive?

No it doesn't.

Not all homosexual men have been described as "poofs/puffs" - it has been a term used to describe effeminate gay men, even by gay men.

I think it's ridiculous that people will judge intent so easily. If you think that using the term "poof" instantly means that the person obviously suggests that all gay men are inferior and weak, then you need to broaden your horizons.

In the 90s, the schools were full of phrases like "Spaz", "Poof", and "Fanny". Guess what? It didn't mean that everyone was belittling the disabled, homosexual and women.

It does my tits in when people get out their brushes and start tarring people with labels based on ridiculous assumptions. I'm guessing that my nan was actually a male chauvinist for saying things like "don't be such a big girl"?

And that's before we get on to the fact that Aurier didn't say "faggot" nor actually use a homophobic slur, as it's just something invented by the English press for drama, and a bunch of people decide to show how superior they are by doing no research and deciding to audition for "gay rights activist of the year".

/Rant

Back
Top Bottom