Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disappointed with a draw at the emirates? A game we regularly get beat and our asses handed over? Jesus mate, you’re hard to please. Was an excellent performance and a fabulous result

Not disappointed with the performance, just the result. Tough coming away with 1 instead of 3 when i feel we were the better team. Im pleased with the team especially on the road!

I know two gooners; one of them shagged my best mates sister while he was married to one of our other best mates, yes she is a girl (the gooner is exiled), the other tried to kill his dad and rape his mum. They are all disgusting vermin. Strange fucking club.
James Earl Jones Reaction GIF

The award of the Woolwich pen, and the non-red for Nkuntiah proves it's a rigged race...

Not necessarily anti Spurs (though today it felt like it) but a definite skew towards the supposed 'Big 4' that the PL NEED to be doing well, to maximise their global brand awareness.... We don't fall into that category unfortunately...

It will be interesting to see how they cope with N€W¢A$TL€ if they hang around much longer....

Absolutely shocking Nketiah didn't see straight red for the challenge on Vicario in 67'. Fucking dangerous- fully airborne a whole second before making contact-can't believe Vicario wasn't hurt.

If he plays in the reverse fixture, I seriously fear for Nkeitah.... 'cos after today's disgusting (dare I say criminal?) challenge on Vicario... I reckon Romero, Porro or Udogie are gonna fucking END him!

Not in OUR HOUSE PAL!

Disappointed with a draw at the emirates? A game we regularly get beat and our asses handed over? Jesus mate, you’re hard to please. Was an excellent performance and a fabulous result
At the end of the day, we're in the business of winning football matches and treating a draw like a win is a loser mentality. It's a good result that I'm pleased with and it represents a huge improvement on the NLD results from last season but I'm not going to call it "fabulous" and celebrate it as though it's a win.

TBH, I think he has to give it as it essentially stops a goal, so I don't really think we can feel too hard done by it.

What a superb turn and pass by Maddison for our first goal though.
As soon as the arm moves from the side of the body, it’s a penalty, unfortunately. It’s a stupid rule, but it’s the rule.

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. A good result considering an OG and Pen.

2. Passing in our own box gives me heartburn. Can we just cut back on that a little???

3. Really pulling for Richey today. GWG would’ve been epic

4. Lots of cheap giveaways, gotta clean that up. Bit nervy on the passing, but that comes with #2.

5. Red all day long on the foul against Vicario. Got hosed on that call.

6. Crossing today was subpar. we just seem to be yanking in the box with no real purpose. Much prefer attacking the box and cutting it back. (See Manor Solomon)

7. Physical match today. Hard tackling and challenges. Love it.

At the end of the day, we're in the business of winning football matches and treating a draw like a win is a loser mentality. It's a good result that I'm pleased with and it represents a huge improvement on the NLD results from last season but I'm not going to call it "fabulous" and celebrate it as though it's a win.

Away, against a team that is top 3-4 in the league, with the ref against us, we did really well. Its fine to be commending this performance. I get that we should always be looking to win, but it's just not realistic at all times, and we can be satisfied with our performance today.

Ref was bad to us today.

Nketiah challenge should have been straight red.
Biss/Sarr picked up undeserved1st half yellows.
Odegaard and White should have had first half yellows.

Did it change the result? Maybe- definitely them playing with 10 men would have given us a heavy advantage. Score was level at the time of course.

Great game and very proud of the lads, shut them pricks up in their dog kennel!
Cant wait to really give it to them at home!

Artetas postgame comments about "we threw away 2 points" are totally fucking delusional. They were not in clear sustained control of the game at any point. What a bunch of deluded imbeciles.

Last edited:
I was intrigued to see how this game played out as, for me, it was hard to call before the game. Two coaches with similar intentions, them much further down the line with development and recruitment, us at an early stage of development.

First 30 minutes they were well on top of us, not so much with the ball, but their work off the ball, both in tactical approach and the application of that approach. We struggled to get out of our half. For all that, Woolwich didn't actually turn any of it into tangible quality chances, and were pretty fortunate (based on quality of chances) to go 1-0 up due to a really poor piece of football. Kulusevski has time and space and just decides to piss away the ball and then doesn't try hard enough to chase it back, Udogie and Johnson then make a real dogs dinner of defending and to round it off Romero slices a shit shot into his own net.

I wasn't particularly impressed by Johnson, thought his lack of technical smarts wasn't helping us play out (and Son isn't exactly great at receiving under pressure either) and for that first 30 minutes of Arse pressure, our midfielders really struggled to break the second layer, when we'd worked hard to break the first. He also only seemed capable of running in straight vertical lines and also didn't contribute without the ball enough. Our forward players are the weak link when faced with a hard collective press. Kulusevski was marginally more press resistant than Johnson and Son. Sarr's got a great engine and works hard, but he can be a little technically wanting at times and Porro isn't always brilliant under pressure either. Udogie however, is a really cool fucker under pressure, with the ball if not always without it.

A combination of us starting to break the press and Arse scoring saw (and maybe fatigue) saw their high press start to shell backwards, and from the half hour mark (ish) we started to control the game with the ball, and give or take the odd moments, this lasted until the 80th minute and Ange's second round of substitutions.

I thought we looked better with Soloman, who was more capable of helping us work the ball in and out of tight spaces.

Maddison continues to impress me, but not for the things I expected him to do, but for some of the other stuff. He's braver than I thought interns of showing for the ball in deeper areas to help us break press, he's also more pressure resistant, and his work without the ball is better than I thought too. With the ball, his work to set up both goals was quality. Son's finishes were also excellent.

Bissouma needed to acclimatise, but once he did he got better and was really good, with and without the ball. Udogie is really good in this system.

The second round of subs really weakened us. I get the Maddison one, we didn't want to take a chance on this injury. The Son one was strange, we weren't crossing the ball much and Son was playing pretty well. Either way, the subs definitely left us weaker and Arse got back into the game and finished the last 15 minutes the stronger team.

The ref was really fucking poor, again. Missed a clear yellow for White and a stone wall red for Nketiah, which even if he missed, VAR refs should have made him look at, and there were a few other poor calls.

I've got no problem with the penalty. That is actually one of the clearest examples of what a hand ball pen should look like, Romero has his arm out and stops a goal bound shot from close, which could well have been a goal if it doesn't hit his hand, accidental or not, and regardless of it being close to him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom