Scum (A) 24/09- 2PM - SUPER ANGE 🥰

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was just re-watching this on Spursplay and it's much more interesting when you aren't blinded by palpitations. One thing that stood out is how we seemed better all over the pitch. Both teams benefited from mistakes, of course, but them more so.

BBC's match ratings were funny. Not one of our players (inc. subs) got less than 6. ONLY one of their players got more than 6! And that was Saka, for his incredible solo effort goal (i.e. the penalty that should not have been) :D

I was just re-watching this on Spursplay and it's much more interesting when you aren't blinded by palpitations. One thing that stood out is how we seemed better all over the pitch. Both teams benefited from mistakes, of course, but them more so.

BBC's match ratings were funny. Not one of our players (inc. subs) got less than 6. ONLY one of their players got more than 6! And that was Saka, for his incredible solo effort goal (i.e. the penalty that should not have been) :D

Daily Mail gave Bissouma a 5.5 rating 😂

I remember when a draw against Woolwich was the minimum expectation. This was a standard we met under Christian Gross when we were battling relegation and they won the league and cup double. We might have lost 6-1 at home to Chelsea but we did not lose to the scum.

The first match was at Highbury (we were still under Francis at that point) and it was a 0-0 draw that they completely dominated. Edinburgh was sent off early on in the match and I had the pleasure of following the match through a live radio commentary. Sheer agony but we held on for the point.

The second match at the Lane was the second coming of Jurgen Klinsmann right off the back of a 4-1 thrashing at Villa Park. Jurgen lifted the mood and we got a 1-1 draw.

A win was the hope, a draw was the fallback position and defeat was unthinkable. That's the NLD mentality I grew up with.
Don't be daft.
They pulled away from us like a hypercar pulls away from a jogger.
Wenger, Henry, Vera, Bergkamp, Petit, Overmars etc.
They were, annoyingly, genuinely brilliant.

Always worth remembering this when in conversation with gooners as it helps establish how fake they all are:
In their so called ‘invincibles’ season they actually LOST 5 times! Knocked out of cups and lost in Europe 3 times. They actually lost on penalties in the Charity Shield too if you want to make it 6 times. In the league they weren’t exactly all-conquering as they drew 12 times, gaining those draws by diving in the box at every opportunity, and Keown standing in front of Van Nistlroy before he took a last minute penalty which he then missed. Invincibles my arse

Don't be daft.
They pulled away from us like a hypercar pulls away from a jogger.
Wenger, Henry, Vera, Bergkamp, Petit, Overmars etc.
They were, annoyingly, genuinely brilliant.
The first football game I remember watching on TV was the 71 cup final when charlie George scored an extra-time winner to secure the double - with me finding his goal celebration funny my mum piped up she played bingo with his mum every Monday and would ask for a signed shirt my dad replied if she brought an Woolwich shirt home he would burn it - whilst she was wearing it- surprisingly it was another 3 years before they divorced

Forgetting the result, creating that many chances and playing the game on at least even terms away against them, just a few months into our development, is a testament to Angeball.

We won't win every match, but we'll always create chances to do so. Celtic didn't get the results in the CL last season, but in every match they created multiple openings, including loads home and away against Real Madrid. There wasn't a game they didn't - they just didn't have the quality to take them.

So irrespective of the level of opponent, home or away, the chances will be there.

Nice little history lesson for them!

You would be surprised how many (younger) woolwich fans don't even know this or are just denying it. So yeah, a nice and much needed bit of education there.

You know these arseholes have tried to change the narrative, right?
They claim that historically, Spurs were North of the London border, so they have been north London longer than us.
Despite the fact we haven't moved, only the border has.

Yeah, but against who?
We haven't taken many points from losing pairings positions against the traditional top sides that I can rescan recall.

You know these arseholes have tried to change the narrative, right?
They claim that historically, Spurs were North of the London border, so they have been north London longer than us.
Despite the fact we haven't moved, only the border has.
They can fuck off with that shit.

We're THE north London club. Always have been (proof below) and ever more shall be so.

What a drongo

I think Spurs and Celtic fans get on quite well with each other. I was at the Feyernoord Jubilee tournament and shared many a pint with Spurs fans in Amsterdam and Rotterdam. Rangers fans make up a rumour that all Celtic fans hate English teams which is totally untrue.

Rangers fans like to pretend they are the "Quintessential British club" who love Britain. They wreck every English city they visit

I think Spurs and Celtic fans get on quite well with each other. I was at the Feyernoord Jubilee tournament and shared many a pint with Spurs fans in Amsterdam and Rotterdam. Rangers fans make up a rumour that all Celtic fans hate English teams which is totally untrue.

Rangers fans like to pretend they are the "Quintessential British club" who love Britain. They wreck every English city they visit
I kind of gave up being interested in anything you have to say, when you said you were going to turn up to a Spurs home game dressed in a Celtic shirt.

It’s weird

We top the table for most points lost from winning positions and most points gained from losing positions

To be a spurs fan huh
Under Conte and PEH we had zero control of a game

Doesn’t surprise me especially when you consider wankers like Dier, Lloris, Royal etc

Back
Top Bottom