Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Real and Barca would probably win most top leagues, there's a reason that they are there or thereabouts in the Champion's League each season, but for the overall league? beyond the six or seven teams that you mention the rest of the league is gash. The sheer number of goals they leak to the higher end teams is testament to that.

Maybe I don't watch enough of it.
I will watch most football but I have no desire when I see Real Madrid vs Granada or Barcelona vs Getafe. They're all-to-often a fuckin whitewash, akin to watching [insert team here] vs San Marino - you just know it's a matter of how many.

Some people just want to see goals and some of the best players in the world, which I appreciate, but personally I find competition in matches much more interesting and a well-fought 0-0 is better to watch than say Ronaldo putting 5 past Espanyol.

I would stand firm that I believe La Liga is Europe's third league though I have no doubt many would disagree which I understand. But something I wouldn't understand is anyone that thinks La Liga is more interesting, as the financial system and TV money distribution simply isn't setup in a manner that allows an underdog like Bournemouth in the PL or Ingolstadt/Darmstadt in the BuLi to compete and succeed in the top division of their respective country.

Not ever has a player failed so spectacularly with us and still have such a big place in my heart. And I doubt it'll ever happen.

Roberto Soldado admits Tottenham spell was 'infuriating'
Such a classy guy. Gutted it didn't work out for him with us, but happy he's back in Spain and having some success.

On another note, I dove down the rabbit hole and looked at the comments on this article. This one about sums up Liverpool supporters...
S6bh35t.png

Such a classy guy. Gutted it didn't work out for him with us, but happy he's back in Spain and having some success.

On another note, I dove down the rabbit hole and looked at the comments on this article. This one about sums up Liverpool supporters...
S6bh35t.png

Yes it does and gives some credence to some of Justin's comments in the Hillsboro thread.
(Before I get stick pls note the word "some")

I hope Bobby scores tonight!

:soldadowatch:

A true throw back, in this cynical age where we complain about players doing it for the money and not the badge, and talk about supporting the shirt and not the player in it. You occasionally see players show some affection to their boyhood club, usually all you get is the pandering "thanks for the support and memories" type release and then they fuck off never to be heard from again. For Saldado to come and make a real, and obviously lasting, connection with the club and supporters is just amazing. Reminds you of that warm fuzzy feeling you had with sport as a kid when it was all that mattered and you felt like the players *must* feel the same as well.

Bobby should be invited to every testimonial in perpetuity...let him put on the shirt and run around WHL and it's rebuild. He deserves more Spurs goals than he got.

Dang it. He's such class, it makes me sad but I'm happy he is doing well. He became a Yid, boys.
Doing well? 5 goals in 28 games? Ahh yes i see........

Of course had he not been so utterly fucking abysmal i wonder what would have happened to Kane... :sherwoodlol:

Doing well? 5 goals in 28 games? Ahh yes i see........

Of course had he not been so utterly fucking abysmal i wonder what would have happened to Kane... :sherwoodlol:
Very good point there. I'm gutted it didn't work out for Bobby with us, but as his door was closing, Harry's opened quite nicely.
Will always like Soldado. Had a good heart & was obviously a popular team member. He obviously has a soft spot for us regardless of how shit his time here was on the pitch.
But in a way, thank fuck- it opened the door for Kane.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, I think he's genuinely a Spurs fan...

When you consider that he never really got going for us, and had terminal problems in front of the net, but still his name was sung and people treated him with dignity, I think that's something that not many footballers experience in their career, and certainly a lot of our players like Andros weren't given the same leeway.

It was obvious that he was sincere, and we forgave him for his failings.

Yeah, it's triggering to me seeing him in a Spurs shirt. Just reminds me of his shitness.
Me too. He was utter shit. I never gave him grief when he was here but I stopped singing his name as I felt he didn't deserve it. I didn't shed a single tear when we sold him.

I haven't understood those that like him, each to their own and all that but fuck me, that tweet, just one short sentence has to be one of the best things I have ever heard from an ex-player (or at least one I can remember in recent memory).

He's like the beautiful bird that everyone was trying to pull and on one memorable night you succeed and were able to take her back to yours, only to find out she was shit in bed, like sleeping with a sack of spuds. She stays occasionally in touch and then sends you a text at 2am as she is close by and wants to know what you are up to.

Back
Top Bottom