Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe one goal would do it? Who knows. Maybe it won't.
He scored once in the PL last season but it didn't change anything overall.

I don't think we can be carrying anyone when we can play Son as a CF instead. Surely the same would apply to any player no matter their position.

Surely Dier is thinking if Richarlison gets a free pass why don't I?

It’s not just lack of confidence, bull in a china shop. I’m not having anyone that can’t control a football. The shittest Brazilian 9 possible - it’s happened again

He scored once in the PL last season but it didn't change anything overall.

I don't think we can be carrying anyone when we can play Son as a CF instead. Surely the same would apply to any player no matter their position.

Surely Dier is thinking if Richarlison gets a free pass why don't I?

Can't really compare it though - he wasn't our starting striker last season. His first two months at the club last season were pretty good. Had a hand in a fair number of goals (2 goals and 3 assists in 8 starts). But then he got injured and then when he finally got a decent run in the team again, he would get dropped.

He should absolutely be scoring more goals than he's shown for us but it's quite clear he's low on confidence and a shadow of the player we signed and the player we saw from the early stages of his Tottenham career.

We won't carry him if Ange thinks he's not pulling his weight. It's quite clear Ange isn't in the game of keeping Richarlison on to try and get a goal and get his confidence up nor is he afraid of playing Son as our starting striker.

what we could really do with is pages and pages of his own support calling him shit

golf-clap.gif

Can't really compare it though - he wasn't our starting striker last season. His first two months at the club last season were pretty good. Had a hand in a fair number of goals (2 goals and 3 assists in 8 starts). But then he got injured and then when he finally got a decent run in the team again, he would get dropped.

He should absolutely be scoring more goals than he's shown for us but it's quite clear he's low on confidence and a shadow of the player we signed and the player we saw from the early stages of his Tottenham career.

We won't carry him if Ange thinks he's not pulling his weight. It's quite clear Ange isn't afraid of keeping Richarlison on to try and get a goal and get his confidence up nor is he afraid of playing Son as our starting striker.
Well we'll just have to wait and see what happens then. Personally I feel more conifdent with Son as CF even though he hasn't scored all that many since his golden boot award, we all know he has it in his abilty to score more than 13 goals in a season, which I beleive is Richarlison's record.

IIRC Son scored 10 goals last season, a poor season for him but only 3 less than Richarlison's best seasons.

Anyway as I said, we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next match and beyond.

Well we'll just have to wait and see what happens then. Personally I feel come conifdent with Son as CF even though he hasn't scored all that many since his golden boot award, we all know he has it in his abilty to score more than 13 goals in a season, which I beleive is Richarlison's record.

IIRC Son scored 10 goals last season, a poor season for him but only 3 less than Richarlisons best seasons.

Anyway as I said, we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next match and beyond.

Absolutely.

It's also got to come from Richarlison. He has to continue working hard, get through this spell and show that he deserves to start. I didn't think he was bad in the first half tbh. But he really really lost his head in that second half. Pretty much ruined every single attack we had and the little petulant kick out was probably a big factor in why he was subbed off. Needless yellow.

But a few more goalless games and I do think Ange will go with something different. Our manager hasn't really missed a step yet, so dropping Richy after a few games may be what he needs. We won't know until we come to that road.

Back
Top Bottom