Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was poor today. Thought he had an alright first half but totally lost it in the second, at one point he went for some difficult pass to Maddison when the simple one was right in front of him. Then getting a stupid yellow.

I still think there's a good player in him and he will get games due to his transfer fee alone, but it won't go on forever. His lack of goals is obviously getting to him and is impacting his play.

I'm not sure if this front 3 will work, something will have to give. A new left winger with either Son or Richarlison down the middle. The question is do you give up on your 60 million pound investment or the player you just made captain.

Another stinker of a game.

We’d be so naive allowing this transfer window to pass with Richarlison as our only senior striker. Either he’s totally out of form or he’s shit. Whichever one it is, we can’t have him as our sole striker.

- Very poor at dribbling
- Very poor close control when on the ball
- Pace is bang average
- There's very little sense of danger when he's on the ball in the box
- Seems to be unable to think fast on his feet
- Poor at creating and anticipating moves, especially in the box and just outside
- Doesn't have an eye for goal or pass, so isn't going to be bringing in too many assists any time soon

So to conclude, in my humble opinion, he's fucking shite and needs to be moved on pronto!

F4eNmIhWIAEPWdm

Great bit of vice-captaining from Maddison there tbh.

Richy right now is at the same place Emerson was last year. Low on confidence and overthinking absolutely everything. Which for a striker is terrible. He's almost too eager to get involved or do things, simple things, which aren't coming off because of the overthinking and almost desperation.

He is obviously not a bad player but he's not the same player we bought nor is he the same player we had at the beginning of last season. Just go and watch back his early games for us. Coming off the bench against Chelsea on his debut, ran them ragged. Next game against Forest, coming off the bench and putting in a lovely assist with the outside of his boot, had the confidence to do kick ups to take the piss. His first start against Fulham, he was excellent and nearly scored with a peach of a volley which came off the post. Scored two against Marseille in the CL etc. - but if we had that guy today, he'd have buried his chance instead of hesitating and cutting in.

I don't know if we'll ever get that player back. Confidence is a crazy thing in football. Maybe one goal would do it? Who knows. Maybe it won't.

Back
Top Bottom