Revealed: Spurs and Defoe appeared to break agent rules – but FA did nothing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So which club does he support? Chelski, Goons or Dippers?

Normally when an anti-Spurs article come out it means Chelski has done something they want to hide.

No idea. He was rubbished by the financial legal expert guy everyone goes to yesterday as well so he is not even technically correct. It feels like a weird hit job, because what is public is weak.

View: https://x.com/slbsn/status/1726950876345246098?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

View: https://x.com/slbsn/status/1727088712532611477?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

View: https://x.com/slbsn/status/1727067514004525445?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

View: https://x.com/slbsn/status/1727071075916247141?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

Jaynola Jaynola
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+
I would

“It is unclear how much information was shared with the FA at the time, and no disciplinary action was taken.

If there is new evidence which was not available at the time, and which suggests serious breaches of our rules took place, we will review it.”

Basically a non story. Is there new evidence, no. Is it an attempted distraction from the pending City / Chelsea minor slap on the wrist. Yes.

Also, are people genuinely trying to act like the involvement of an unlicensed agent in a transfer involving Defoe to fucking Portsmouth is anywhere near the same level of fuckery as City and Chelsea financially doping/cheating/lying/buying silverware for the best part of a decade (even longer for Chavs)?

How the fuck has this even made the news.

I'm waiting for a Fulham supporting journo to drag up the Ernie Payne affair and his 10 shilling football boots from 1893.Not sure we were punished enough all those years ago for what was,(and indeed found guilty of) an obvious act of professionalism and breach of amateur rules...

Just everybody shut your fucking mouths about the entire Charlie Kane affair. We really don't want the media poking into any of his qualifications.

I have a theory
Loads of different "misdemeanors" from various clubs will come to light.
In a few months the FA /Premier league will announce that as there is so many, and the chaos it would cause with titles/cups etc ,taht the are offering an amnesty,and all sins forgiven for everyone(,including City and Chelsea(if they are ever charged).But there will be a warning sent to ALL clubs ,in the strongest possible terms not to offend again. So the big boys get off

Last edited:
I have a theory
In a few months the FA /Premier league will announce that as there is so mant=y, and the chaos it would cause with titles/cups etc ,taht the are offering an amnesty,and all sins forgiven for everyone(,including City and Chelsea(if they are ever charged).But there will be a warning sent to ALL clubs ,in the strongest possible terms not to offend again. So the big boys get off

You could be spot on there. It will be a new charter or something dreamed up by the PL just to show that they are going to step up but in reality it is to ward off an independent regulator. I was initially against one but now I think it is more than necessary.

Wait and see where we are league wise in January. If we are up there still challenging and looking good again, then they will come after us for point deduction .
I dont care what anyone says, there is an agenda against Spurs (or am I just being paranoid again?):)
I have a theory
In a few months the FA /Premier league will announce that as there is so mant=y, and the chaos it would cause with titles/cups etc ,taht the are offering an amnesty,and all sins forgiven for everyone(,including City and Chelsea(if they are ever charged).But there will be a warning sent to ALL clubs ,in the strongest possible terms not to offend again. So the big boys get off
Yes, but it will only happen after we've been docked points or fined

The PL really doesn't want to strip anyone of titles, especially the big international favourites (even City is one, now, thanks to their doping). It looks very bad on them, as much as anyone.

When you factor that in, with the obvious greed, negligence, incompetence and corruption, it doesn't look likely that we'll see any justice for the runners-up.

As much as I fucking hate it. I'm expecting self-interest to win over all.

Back
Top Bottom