Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a picture. I loved the old brickwork on the East Stand, even though its preservation was down in part to a shambolic refurb that almost bankrupted us. Nothing comes close to WHL. Her young, well endowed replacement can fucking do one imv.
So would you rather we were playing in a cramped stadium that holds 36,000?

What a picture. I loved the old brickwork on the East Stand, even though its preservation was down in part to a shambolic refurb that almost bankrupted us. Nothing comes close to WHL. Her young, well endowed replacement can fucking do one imv.
Although I loved WHL, I love the new stadium too. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I like my creature comforts, and when I go to other stadia, ours knock them into a cocked hat. :)

The WHL that I miss is from the 1970's.
Not just the original East Stand, but the old West one too.
The classic gable with THFC in woven writing and the enclosure.
Not to mention the players tunnel. Stood behind it many a time.

So would you rather we were playing in a cramped stadium that holds 36,000?
Personally, yes, I enjoyed the atmosphere and experience of WHL way more. The tightness of the stands to the pitch was fantastic too. NWHL is impressive of course, but it is not a stadium that I have any particular affection for.

Back
Top Bottom