Reality Check

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Last week Poch was lauded as the second coming of Bill Nic, having master-minded massive victories such as

- last minute lucky win over a bottom 8 side
- win over a Championship side
- wins over some Cypriot pig farmers

In our first test of reasonable substance we were completely and utterly found out and embarrassed - no gut, no fight, no spark, no system - sound familiar? Not to mention leaving Pauilnho outside the squad. Apart from Lamela and Dyer players looks disinterested - I thought AVB was the problem?

With few days left if this transfer season, I genuinely hope we can address some of the glaring issues in a team which is substantially short on quality in number of areas, namely LW, Striker, and a Left Back

I really want Dear Poch to succeed but he needs the right tools along with a clear direction. We need to spend.

Last edited:
Ugh, I begrudgingly agree. I never want to see Kaboul and Capoue in the same team. Chiriches can at least go on YOLO runs an be successful.

Townsend needs to leave, £10m, I'd Luis Suarez your arm off.

Hopefully Fazio and Walker can come back, we've missed Paulinho's spontaneous flicks, the don't always work, but they're better than the endless long balls.

I thought AVB "wasnt given enough time" even after 18 months..."he deserved at least three seasons"

Are we really going to do this after 3 PL games?

No gelling time for Poch then...

Last edited:
Already back to doom and gloom? That didn't take long. Thought we ended the 1st half well and made a few chances that we didn't capitalize on. Unlucky pk and then heads down after, never got back into it.

On we go...cheer up fellas.

This is fucking hilarious, I can see the Liverpool fans cutting and pasting this into their forums already... embarrasing, what if spurs fans were there when Rome being built, all stood moaning that it wasnt done by lunchtime - Jesus christ

there will be bad results this season, just like City's yesterday - we're building arent we? I wanted a draw today and bad individual errors cost us more than anything, the way we played, the professionalism right to the end is what you need to look at, the team cried like bitches last season

His system & time isn't going to solve the lack of quality in the team. For all of the praise Pochettino got last season, they still only finished 8th and just 6 points ahead of Stoke City.

Lloris, Eriksen and (occasionally) Lamela aside we're lacking in quality in comparison to the other Top 4 contenders. It's a result of a tight-fisted chairman and constant penny pinching that has plagued us since the Redknapp era

The likes of Kaboul, Rose, Chadli, Townsend, Adebayor, Kane, Soldado, Bentaleb etc shouldn't even be making our bench if the Champions League is where we want to be.

It's true we where shit today , nothing in final third no clever play , is there anyone on here who thinks capoue is a better player than Sandro/dembele ?

I agree poch needs to at least start of next season but as stated in someone's post earlier it's players on pitch where the buck stops and we are short of quality in several areas . CB , LB , playmaker CM , pace out wide LM with end product , Striker . Why was Eriksen taken off ? Levy please back the manager at least try and bring in a world class playmaker & Striker minimum requirement to even finish top 6

Oh for fuck sake. Are we supposed to be happy we "only lost by three goals"

I forgot, unless you're saying "what an amazing game we only lost by three" then you're a "melt" (cringe)
Lol you're the cringe as I never said I was happy losing, I was just taking the piss out of people acting as if because we lost yhis match we will finish 20th, it's one game people need to stop overhyping themselves for specific games

Lol you're the cringe as I never said I was happy losing, I was just taking the piss out of people acting as if because we lost yhis match we will finish 20th, it's one game people need to stop overhyping themselves for specific games

It's not overhyping anything mate. We lost three nil and were completely outclassed. Allow people to be upset about that, it's not "overhype"

Three games in WHL was booing AVB. Now we've got a thread plastering Poch three games in. Quick learners everywhere in this fanbase.

Be upset about the game, hell I am. We looked clueless in the attacking third and made too many defensive mistakes similar to under AVB. But shit don't change overnight, I remember how poor Liverpool were in Roger's first year in many games.

If we have similar issues against Woolwich in a month it may be time to worry, but let's not scrap the plan before we've even built the foundation

Back
Top Bottom