Questions for the podcast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have no idea how we would get 1500 to Chelsea in the youth cup either. You're seemingly blaming us for the lack of turnout when it's more a case that people don't really give a shit about U21 football or as Ricky said on the pod people can't make it regularly. Charlton had novelty appeal, as did Woolwich away, the home game was much closer to 800 rather than the 200 you mentioned, but still lower. We're doing the same stuff we always did but people just ain't as interested it at youth level. It's a shame, but it's just what it is in my opinion.

Tell me what I have to do to make more people turn up and I'll genuinely do it, because I don't know.
Fair enough if people are not interested in the U21 games then I guess it must be like pushing a snowball up a mountain. I can relate to this as I know many Spurs fans that have not been interested, until now that is. I know many that have never been interested in going to a youth game and non of them have ever asked me about players likely to brake into the first team squad etc. Until now, all of a sudden they are taking an interest in our accademy and ahead of the recent pre-season Spurs XI that played at Stevenage I ended going with an enthusiastic bunch of them, these are people that have been going to The Lane since late 70's and early 80's & saw their first development game just the other week, they now want to go to others. What has stimulated their interest has been the brake through of Kane etc plus the obvious focus on youth by Poch and the TV coverage of the FA Youth Cup over the last couple of seasons and last but not least 1882. I think actions of 1882 movement are widely known now to most Spurs fans that go regularly.

The one thing I do not envy you on is having to organise details with the club, I can only imagine this as a frustrating and tedious affair. But I look to how the club used it's "official supporters clubs" in recent overseas tours. It appears that the Club riley heavily on these groups when travelling overseas. The two factions keen to promote each other with the end result of more people turning up to watch a game or an open training sessions. So is there any mileage in working closer with the club in a way they do with these supporter groups who the club actively promote and boast about the number we have through their communications? As I sit hear I can't think of any reason why the club would not want to mention or acknowledge how great the atmosphere is at youth games, they can use the atmosphere as a unique selling point to encourage more people to a game. Part of this relationship could include Windy interviewing (film or written) players after a game, Windy has 20k followers on twitter, that's a lot of people who are keen to know more about our academy (assuming they follow him for just academy updates). No doubt our youth players are receiving media training and the club want to control this environment so I'm sure a sympathetic arrangement can be made between Windy and Club about who and how these interviews are conducted. These interviews can be spun as "aren't Spurs great for allowing this kind of access to a fan group" blah, blah, blah.... May be an interview with Bentaleb could be set up, why him? Well he was the goal scorer the night we beat Woolwich at Underhill, he was the one that lead the team over to celebrate with the fans that were there. Would be great to get his view point of that night, the resulting interview could then be used to promote a new event etc. etc.. Basically there is a lot of scope for editorial that can be co-promoted by the Club and 1882.

In addition to this is it possible extending a closer working relationship with the venue too e.g. Stevenage FC? Get them to send out an 1882 email to their database, maybe a clip of 1882 signing etc? What if both Spurs and Stevenage split the cost of coaches for fans? Wolves did this last season for an FA Cup youth game last season, there was more Wolves than Spurs at the game.

I obviously have no idea if this is something you have a) attempted to previously do or b) if it is something that you want to do or be associated with. So I hope you don't think I am teaching you to suck eggs. So I am loathed to bang on with stuff off the cuff if I am wide of the mark and barking up the wrong tree. I am a businessman and have negotiated many commercial arrangements so happy to go down this route and put some time into if it is any help.

Tell me what I have to do to make more people turn up and I'll genuinely do it, because I don't know.

Promise to turn up naked, that will definitely get the punters in.

I get the point though. For me I'd love to attend but I can't justify a 250 mile round trip and the time off work numerous times a season for the 1882 stuff. Was I to move my job and life to the London area it would be more accessible. I hope that you don't give it up (sounds like you're not going to) and that more people do make a turn out during this season. Timing it right I may even be able to make the odd game myself and visit friends etc.

Kate Upton and Miranda Kerr invite you for a week of unlimited passion on a beautiful Caribbean island, where you can fulfill your deepest dirtiest fantasies with them. Only catch is they say you must film everything and watch the footage with your parents.
Do you go for it?

72600-ryan-gosling-disgusted-shocked-ohM9.gif

Hope this hasn't been done in the past 2 seasons where I didn't really listen to the podcast. Sorry not sorry.

Finally, the time has come. It's the morning of the first game at the new White Hart Lane. You've been looking forward to this for years on end, the chance to stand behind the goal at Tottenham in a one-tiered, rail seating area. To hear the roar of over 55,000 Spurs fans in their own, unique, state of the art football stadium to rival no other.

Then a sudden realisation that you've lose your ticket (forget season cards and all that for the purpose of this) and there is no time to get a replacement. The club won't issue new ones, your mates have no spares, nothing.

What depths do you go to, to be inside that ground for the first ever game at our brand new stadium?

Hope this hasn't been done in the past 2 seasons where I didn't really listen to the podcast. Sorry not sorry.

Finally, the time has come. It's the morning of the first game at the new White Hart Lane. You've been looking forward to this for years on end, the chance to stand behind the goal at Tottenham in a one-tiered, rail seating area. To hear the roar of over 55,000 Spurs fans in their own, unique, state of the art football stadium to rival no other.

Then a sudden realisation that you've lose your ticket (forget season cards and all that for the purpose of this) and there is no time to get a replacement. The club won't issue new ones, your mates have no spares, nothing.

What depths do you go to, to be inside that ground for the first ever game at our brand new stadium?

Probably buy another ticket. Plenty of seats free.

Jermain Defoe is looking for a personal assistant.
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/sund...nt-to-help-build-him-into-a-global-brand.html

What are the 3 greatest personal/professional strengths you could offer the Defoe family that would help you scoop this prestigious position?

Which current Spurs player would you like to work for as their bitch personal assistant?

Finally, what do you think you would end up doing that could get you immediately fired?

You're Daniel Levy. It's 6.01pm on transfer deadline day. The window has just shut and you've still not bought a striker of defensive midfielder. An angry lynch mob of Spurs fans has formed outside the training ground and refuse to leave until they see blood. Your blood. One of them wields the decapitated head of Jim White atop a tall spike, his bloodied yellow tie wrapped around his forehead flaps in the cold wind. Your helicopter is in the shop having your DL monogram sewed into the headrests. Why did you pick this week to have it done, you think to yourself.

There's only one way out and that's through the crowd.

What do you say to them to calm them down and thus prevent your untimely murder?

One for WindyCOYS WindyCOYS
(and i'm hoping for more than a 1 word answer this time please!)

Harry Redknapp recently said in an article about Chelsea's stockpiling of loanees:
The rules need to change because Chelsea have too many players but loaning them out is much better for a player’s development than Under-21 football which is a complete waste of time.

Under-21 football has no tempo to it and there is nothing to win or lose. Kids need to go out and play for points and in games that matter. That’s the only way you find out how good they really are.

Redknapp: The 33 reasons why Mourinho isn’t in control at Chelsea

Do you agree with Redknapp? Is it better to separate a talented group of youngsters to have them 'play for points' in the lower leagues and get used to real first team football. Or is this the reason why English youth struggles, because we put too much emphasis on results and 'tempo' not enough on developing technical ability.

Back
Top Bottom