Questions for the podcast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which one of the TFC podcasters has melted the most, in regards to our lack of signings before Saturday's game against United?

:lloris:

Flav Flav spooky spooky WindyCOYS WindyCOYS Thelonious Thelonious

Gents.
Would you take 4th this year if it meant Woolwich winning the title?

Talk amongst yourselves.

:pochbye:

z7oi8te.gif

1882 appears dead and on it's Arse. I say this as the organisation and forward planning is non existent, I get that there are massive challenges with the club and organising games/dates etc but if you look at the turn outs last year they were poor. I feel that the same hardcore crew will turn up to an U21 game weather it is promoted or not, so what is the future of 1882?

1882 appears dead and on it's Arse. I say this as the organisation and forward planning is non existent, I get that there are massive challenges with the club and organising games/dates etc but if you look at the turn outs last year they were poor. I feel that the same hardcore crew will turn up to an U21 game weather it is promoted or not, so what is the future of 1882?

When I read this I felt very defensive of Flav, who puts a hell of a lot of time and effort into trying to make WHL a better place for all of us.

But in hindsight, thanks for inspiring an awesome section of the pod.

When I read this I felt very defensive of Flav, who puts a hell of a lot of time and effort into trying to make WHL a better place for all of us.

But in hindsight, thanks for inspiring an awesome section of the pod.
Thanks Windy, with hindsight maybe I was a tad too direct, but fuck it, the question got read and tackled.

Flav Flav Thanks for taking the question. First off I love how TFC deal head on with criticism, how you dealt with the criticisms last year with the type of songs sung etc. was courageous and non-knee jerk and taking my question shows the same maturity and most importantly highlighted the passion is still there!

I apologise, I should have been more specific in my question as I was referring to U21 game turn outs. I have been attending U21 games before 1882 movement and was at the The Valley when 1882 turned up on mass. I had never heard of the movement (moving in the wrong circles) until that night and have ever since that night been hooked. It has also brought me here to the best Spurs supporter website, the best Spurs forum and the most glorious of all football fanzines available.

I have seen the movement grow and become more confident in what it represents, which is I guess the genesis of my question, as despite its growth I do remain disappointed that rather U21 attendances (1882) increase they have decreased for these games, there has to be a reason for this. Yes, having the games held at Dagenham & Redbridge or Stevenage may contribute to this but if that is the case how/why did so many turn up at The Valley that first night? Or why was there 1,500 at Underhill but last year at WHL when we played the scum there was only the 200 or so that usually turn out? The semi-final at the Bridge last season was a cracking night, but couldn't help but feel what if, what if we took 1,500 down there. Given our academy is the talk of the town and the anticipation amongst Spurs fans of wanting to know who is the next player to break though surely the opportunity is there to grow the movement, or just get more fans in enjoying a night of Spurs footy.

I have no idea what help you need but only too happy to chip-in please feel free to DM me and ask.

Last edited:
Thanks Windy, with hindsight maybe I was a tad too direct, but fuck it, the question got read and tackled.

Flav Flav Thanks for taking the question. First off I love how TFC deal head on with criticism, how you dealt with the criticisms last year with the type of songs sung etc. was courageous and non-knee jerk and taking my question shows the same maturity and most importantly highlighted the passion is still there!

I apologise, I should have been more specific in my question as I was referring to U21 game turn outs. I have been attending U21 games before 1882 movement and was at the The Valley when 1882 turned up on mass. I had never heard of the movement (moving in the wrong circles) until that night and have ever since that night been hooked. It has also brought me here to the best Spurs supporter website, the best Spurs forum and the most glorious of all football fanzines available.

I have seen the movement grow and become more confident in what it represents, which is I guess the genesis of my question, as despite its growth I do remain disappointed that rather U21 attendances (1882) increase they have decreased for these games, there has to be a reason for this. Yes, having the games held at Dagenham & Redbridge or Stevenage may contribute to this but if that is the case how/why did so many turn up at The Valley that first night? Or why was there 1,500 at Underhill but last year at WHL when we played the scum there was only the 200 or so that usually turn out? The semi-final at the Bridge last season was a cracking night, but couldn't help but feel what if, what if we took 1,500 down there. Given our academy is the talk of the town and the anticipation amongst Spurs fans of wanting to know who is the next player to break though surely the opportunity is there to grow the movement, or just get more fans in enjoying a night of Spurs footy.

I have no idea what help you need but only too happy to chip-in please feel free to DM me and ask.

I have no idea how we would get 1500 to Chelsea in the youth cup either. You're seemingly blaming us for the lack of turnout when it's more a case that people don't really give a shit about U21 football or as Ricky said on the pod people can't make it regularly. Charlton had novelty appeal, as did Woolwich away, the home game was much closer to 800 rather than the 200 you mentioned, but still lower. We're doing the same stuff we always did but people just ain't as interested it at youth level. It's a shame, but it's just what it is in my opinion.

Tell me what I have to do to make more people turn up and I'll genuinely do it, because I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom