QPR vs Spurs - FA Youth Cup (Loftus Road 10 Jan, 7pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some great quotes from John McDermott on the website, I think we all had a great evening at Loftus Road and glad he's recognised the support!

“This was a brilliant experience at Loftus Road. It was a London derby against a team where there’s Chris Ramsey and Perry Suckling who worked with us previously, so that made for a special atmosphere before the game. It was played at a Premier League-standard stadium and whenever you come here and play under the lights it’s a privilege to do so. We’ve seen over the years that this type of setting can bring nerves but I didn’t think we looked nervous tonight – this is a confident and highly-competitive group who handled the atmosphere and the situation. We don’t normally get an army of Tottenham fans when we play at the Training Centre so to have that level of support where they know all the players’ names and sing them aloud is superb. It gives the boys that little bit of a taster of the pressure of being able to play in front of a crowd and having to entertain them – we had unbelievable support again tonight."

There's every possibility our home 5th round tie against Norwich will be at White Hart Lane - anyone who can get down there once the date has been announced really should go!

ANY MOBILE PHONE UPLOADS???

If there were no pics... then there's no proof... and sorry, but in my book... it didn't happen!
:allitongue::sonpoint:

ANY MOBILE PHONE UPLOADS???

If there were no pics... then there's no proof... and sorry, but in my book... it didn't happen!
:allitongue::sonpoint:

I didn't get too involved in the singing myself I must admit. But after the 4th went in I turned around and filmed this

1254334927_celebration-dance.gif

A few miles from mine so that suits.

What was the deal with the first round by the way? It somehow passed me by. We played Stevenage at "home", which turned out to be away, at their "home" and then beat them 10-1 ?
We use Stevenage as our home ground for academy games. We happened to draw Stevenage so they ended up being the away team and their own ground!

I believe that after this round, all games have to be at your main ground, so if we beat Norwich and get a home draw, we'll be at White Hart Lane.

On a separate note, what an amazing story it for Broxbourne Borough. Their first team are in the 9th tier, and their U18s have reached the last 16 of the Youth Cup, and face a trip to Villa Park in the next round. Over 1,000 people turned up to watch their game against Yeovil, 10x as many as they get for a normal first team home game!

I've also heard that the U18s beat their 1st XI 6-1 in a training ground friendly, but I can't validate that!

Back
Top Bottom