POLL: Who should we get rid of?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vote on who should we get rid of

• Total voters
I voted purely for those who I think we do need to shift on - some were more borderline, as even though there are player's i dont rate that highly overall (e.g. Chadli), I would still keep them as part of the greater squad for their impact. Townsend was one i thought we should get rid of to try and bring in a better winger, and because I think we could get an ok fee for him with his England performances as well.

Also thought it was time to sell Dembele - I think he gets a bit stroppy when not playing, even when arguably he hasn't shown he deserves to be starting. Could get some decent funds in for him to bring in a potential replacement

11 goals and 5 assists in 2300 minutes (vs Eriksens 10 and 2 in 3000 despite taking set pieces) in a season where he had a injury and where he lost his father. 13th in the EPL top scorer list, as a non set piece or penalty taking midfielder. His product is unbelievable.

Truly mindboggling how so many shit fans wants him out.

Whoa there Lenny...my point was that his output this season has been good hence we should cash in on this. I still don't think he affects the game enough - despite the goals.
Doesn't make me a shit fan!!

Well his form has been up and down but don't exaggerate.

Anyone who thinks we should get rid of Eriksen is a plebiant cuttlefish.

That is all
And anyone who thinks we should keep him is an arsehole. Almost as helpful to the debate as your comment.

If I exaggerated, feel free to pop a wee reply down with the great number of games Eriksen excelled in. We'll take that from the total he played and see where we end up. Or don't. I couldn't give a fuck if you don't agree. I'll get over it.

Looks like we're pretty much in agreement on who needs to go.

Bizarrely I actually gave Paulinho a stay of execution in the vote. His performance last week when he came on was good and if we could get that consistently he'd be a good squad player.

And anyone who thinks we should keep him is an arsehole. Almost as helpful to the debate as your comment.

If I exaggerated, feel free to pop a wee reply down with the great number of games Eriksen excelled in. We'll take that from the total he played and see where we end up. Or don't. I couldn't give a fuck if you don't agree. I'll get over it.

Eriksen and Jan dont have to try in some people eyes, manager included.

I think that we will keep Soldado unless we get in a few more strikers during the offseason.
You have to have some depth in positions and him and Adebayor may be the hardest to sell because of their age

Looks like we're pretty much in agreement on who needs to go.

Bizarrely I actually gave Paulinho a stay of execution in the vote. His performance last week when he came on was good and if we could get that consistently he'd be a good squad player.
I voted to sell Paulinho, but not because I particularly have anything against him.

Like Soldado, he is one that we could get a decent fee for now, but in a year we would more or less have to give away.

I voted to sell Paulinho, but not because I particularly have anything against him.

Like Soldado, he is one that we could get a decent fee for now, but in a year we would more or less have to give away.
Can't argue with that. I'd just as happily see him leave than stay myself tbh.

Well, we'll just assume I'm right. Coz I am.

:adesalute:

Lol at votes for Chadli and Eriksen.

Even if you think they have underachieved enough to deserve getting rid of then there are so many more pressing matters to attend to in the transfer window.

Players like Paulinho and Lamela will probably get a stay of execution because there are other players that already have one foot out the door and I cant see near 10 players going in a single window.

Also, no Lennon option.

Last edited:
Quite surprised by Lamela's lack of votes. I went Fazio, Kaboul, Townshend, Lamela, Capture, Pauline and Bobby...These are the players who aren't good enough always. Some players are still too good even if not regularly enough to flog. Jan is on the borderline to be honest

Back
Top Bottom