Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
It is a sight to behold isnt it !
Much more convincing than my own recent effort.

LDm3dgF.jpg

On a roll after my limerick

to the tune of we didn’t start the fire by Billy Joel

Graham Roberts , Dave McKay , Ricky Villa , Gareth Bale
Gary Mabbut , Glen Hoddle , Daviiid Ginola
Luca Modric , Jimmy Greaves , ENIC has team on its knees
Martin Chivers , Anderton , Stevie Archibald

ENIC set our club on fire
Ticket prices higher
Billion pound funeral Pyre

ENIC set our club on fire
Though we didn’t light it
We are forced to fight it

I’m not suggesting this just throwing it out there to gauge opinion.....

If the right manager for us isn’t available at this time, is it necessary to accept less and give them a 3 year contract?

I understand the desire of fans to get a new manager in who can give us a direction, but in the long term would we not be better served to keep our powder dry for the next quality manager that becomes available, than persist down a route with little potential upside?

How would we feel about a caretaker manager staying in place (doesn’t have to be Mason) until we find someone who shares our vision for this club?

It would be pretty unpalatable for fans but I’m prepared to suffer for some long term pain if it means ultimately getting back on track.

mixed feelings, part of me thinks this is like complaining about Christmas presents before unwrapping them and knowing what you've got, part of me feels underwhelmed.

I was excited for a DOF. Is this really the first appointment? It worries me that both the coach and DOF will be gone within 18months and we'll be resurrecting this thread

I’m not suggesting this just throwing it out there to gauge opinion.....

If the right manager for us isn’t available at this time, is it necessary to accept less and give them a 3 year contract?

I understand the desire of fans to get a new manager in who can give us a direction, but in the long term would we not be better served to keep our powder dry for the next quality manager that becomes available, than persist down a route with little potential upside?

How would we feel about a caretaker manager staying in place (doesn’t have to be Mason) until we find someone who shares our vision for this club?

It would be pretty unpalatable for fans but I’m prepared to suffer for some long term pain if it means ultimately getting back on track.
When you say 'find someone who shares our vision for this club', do you mean your vision (as a fan) or Levy/ENIC's?

I think the two visions are very different.

Regardless of what you think of him, hardly a great representation on the club if he were to read supporters feelings on him. Pochettino got similar when he joined, give the fella a chance ffs.

Genuinely intrigued what makes Levy a genius business man? The original stadium was to cost £400m, instead cost £1 billion and was delivered 2 years late. This is a guy thats sacked manager after manager (who knows how much compensation has been dished out).

Whats shrewd about charging our fans the highest ticket prices in the country but delivering mediocrity?
The genius just keeps getting away with it though !

When you say 'find someone who shares our vision for this club', do you mean your vision (as a fan) or Levy/ENIC's?

I think the two visions are very different.
That’s fair, but ultimately a quality manager the fans feel like they can get behind.

There is such luck in timing around managerial appointments.

How lucky are Liverpool that Klopp was available at the time? How different their ascension might have been if he wasn’t free.

How lucky are Chelsea that we didn’t sack Jose before them and scoop up Tuchel?

Instead of appointing a sub-par manager that neither the club or fans believe can get us where we want, why not make our own luck and wait for the right man to be available?

That’s fair, but ultimately a quality manager the fans feel like they can get behind.

There is such luck in timing around managerial appointments.

How lucky are Liverpool that Klopp was available at the time? How different their ascension might have been if he wasn’t free.

How lucky are Chelsea that we didn’t sack Jose before them and scoop up Tuchel?

Instead of appointing a sub-par manager that neither the club or fans believe can get us where we want, why not make our own luck and wait for the right man to be available?
Perhaps, just perhaps, Fronseca isn't a sub par coach?

:harrylol:Celtic have just gone a level above whatever suitcase of shit Levy dangles above our heads.
Some cunt from the A-league.
J-league actually.

He's not really a shit cunt, it's a big gamble for them but he is a pretty good coach who plays good football. They were pining for Eddie Howe but he has way more credentials than him.

Back
Top Bottom