Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Difference is Poch came from a club where he had done a good job and where he hadn't been sacked.

OK ENOUGH

We are about to employ a DOF

He has said this Fonseca is the guy

SO I have spent the whole day reading about him etc
His style of football is attacking
He likes attacking full backs
In his last job, he had a change of ownership and lots of useless players, remember Fazio ?

Surely the bigger job is getting rid of the dross and signing some genuine decent players like Thuram and Sabitzer, then letting him play his system.
Who knows he may even win us the inaugural European Community League !

That’s fair, but ultimately a quality manager the fans feel like they can get behind.

There is such luck in timing around managerial appointments.

How lucky are Liverpool that Klopp was available at the time? How different their ascension might have been if he wasn’t free.

How lucky are Chelsea that we didn’t sack Jose before them and scoop up Tuchel?

Instead of appointing a sub-par manager that neither the club or fans believe can get us where we want, why not make our own luck and wait for the right man to be available?
We don't know what's doing behind the doors - maybe Levy wanted to sack Mourinho, spoke to Tuchel who said "no" (like Conte now), so because we weren't able to find better replacement Mou kept his job for so long.

Go to about ten minutes in, look how he set them up to play against City and then listem to what Pep has to say?

Interesting.

Great find. Thank you.

At least Fonseca is interested in coaching attacking structures of play. Unlike Dino.

And this is where a "press-breaker" like Ndombele is so important. When Tanguy uses his individual brilliance to beat a player and get his head up, he should be able to spot an attacking player in space in Fonseca's tactical system.

OK ENOUGH

We are about to employ a DOF

He has said this Fonseca is the guy

SO I have spent the whole day reading about him etc
His style of football is attacking
He likes attacking full backs
In his last job, he had a change of ownership and lots of useless players, remember Fazio ?

Surely the bigger job is getting rid of the dross and signing some genuine decent players like Thuram and Sabitzer, then letting him play his system.
Who knows he may even win us the inaugural European Community League !
Yeah.... there's an element of this. So many of us don't know anything about this guy, but you've raised some positives there. The Italian bloke on this forum was fairly positive about him too. He could be ok. Since we're in the inaugural season of the Europa thing, I think we should have a good crack at it. Is this the right guy for that? There's a chance to win a trophy there.

J-league actually.

He's not really a shit cunt, it's a big gamble for them but he is a pretty good coach who plays good football. They were pining for Eddie Howe but he has way more credentials than him.
Postecoglou won back-to-back A-League titles with Brisbane Roar and spent a season with Melbourne Victory before becoming manager of Australia in 2013.

He led the national team at the following year's World Cup and earned qualification for the next finals in Russia but left in late 2017 to move to Japan, where he won the J-League with Yokohama in 2019.

Not really sure about those credentials Shitcunt or not.
Eddie Howe maybe a fun name to band about, but he managed at the top level in a league a fair few rungs above this guy.

We're not going to have an empty stadium
All us disgruntled fans will just have our seats filled with Korean tourists and the prawn sandwich brigade
Nothing wrong with M and S prawn sandwiches. They're delicious. Why are so many people insulting them?

This whole saga reminds me of a time I asked a girl out at work. She got dressed up all fancy thinking that we were going somewhere nice for lunch and I ended up taking her to Tesco for chicken fillet rolls.

Wow. Someone in the comments said 'Future Spurs manager'....

4 MONTHS AGO!!!
Its way weirder than that he has had a channel for five whole years and has made one comment. The one where he states Fonseca will manage spurs.

The blokes clearly from the future. I'm trying to uncover his Internet foot print....so far he's in the Zapruder footage and outside the Dakota building. Its giving the whole Fonseca thing a bad news vibe.

Perhaps, just perhaps, Fronseca isn't a sub par coach?
He's just on the receiving end of 2 years worth of frustrations boiling over, realistically the only appointments that would/could have avoided that were Conte and Poch, and even they may have seen a roughly 50/50 split with fans having preferred one over the other.

Fonseca pleases no-one, it's just so underwhelming with all the time that has passed in the manager search, had we just appointed Sarri or even Howe the following day then no one would be any less whelmed than they are now, probably more whelmed if anything. And neither of them were particularly exciting prospects!

Its way weirder than that he has had a channel for five whole years and has made one comment. The one where he states Fonseca will manage spurs.

The blokes clearly from the future. I'm trying to uncover his Internet foot print....so far he's in the Zapruder footage and outside the Dakota building. Its giving the whole Fonseca thing a bad news vibe.
I know right?! The man is a myth. He's ghost. He's like Michael Knight. He's seen when he wants.

Sadly, this now looks, and probably is, desperately trying to save face and money at the same time. Levy really has shown that he should be nowhere near the sharp end of a football team. Spurs proud legacy and self respect has been whittled away and now we can't even appoint a manager we want. Just one who happens to be available. Who we never would have appointed under normal circumstances. I feel a little ashamed.

Back
Top Bottom