Poch's second season vs AVB's second season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought it would be interesting to show were we were in the league after 14 games under AVB's disastrous reign.
RNwC0hy.png

Shockingly we are only 1 point ahead of were we were then.
WyWL52n.png

What a difference the style of football, the feeling we are building something and the collapse of our top 4 rivals has made.

Nothing but positive viewing for me.

Even though the points tally is similar, the +13 goal difference and the fact that we've only lost one match this season, shows the very positive progress that is being made. Long may it continue COYS!!

But the fixtures were different so its hard to make a comparison..what that does tell us, is to enjoy things when they are going well, because the arse can fall out of it very easily

10 points from top AVB. 4 points from top Poch. This shows the importance of denying your rivals points as much as picking them up from lower clubs. We have done this much better this season.

At that point we hadn't played United or Liverpool at this point we have. Remember 1-0 vs Swansea, 1-0 vs Palace, 1-0 vs Hull all Soldado pens.

Alarmingly, we look like going into every Premier League fixture until February (away at City) as favourites.

The opportunity is massive, so it is good that we can move into it without the distraction of the Capital One Cup or the Europa.

1. West Bromv Tottenham
  2. Tottenhamv Newcastle
  3. Southamptonv Tottenham
  4. Tottenhamv Norwich
  5. Watfordv Tottenham
  6. Evertonv Tottenham
  7. Tottenhamv Leicester
  8. Tottenhamv Sunderland
  9. Crystal Palacev Tottenham
  10. Norwichv Tottenham
  11. Tottenhamv Watford
11 games, imagine, just imagine if we got 11 wins (which should be our target) 33pts + 25pts (we already have) = 58pts, before the next international break!

:avbpray::avbpray::avbpray::avbpray::avbpray:

Doesn't tell you much tbh, AVB's football was boring as fuck. The football we play now is way better and there's a lot more excitement around the team, with all the youngsters coming through.

At that point we hadn't played United or Liverpool at this point we have. Remember 1-0 vs Swansea, 1-0 vs Palace, 1-0 vs Hull all Soldado pens.

Alarmingly, we look like going into every Premier League fixture until February (away at City) as favourites.

The opportunity is massive, so it is good that we can move into it without the distraction of the Capital One Cup or the Europa.

1. West Bromv Tottenham
  2. Tottenhamv Newcastle
  3. Southamptonv Tottenham
  4. Tottenhamv Norwich
  5. Watfordv Tottenham
  6. Evertonv Tottenham
  7. Tottenhamv Leicester
  8. Tottenhamv Sunderland
  9. Crystal Palacev Tottenham
  10. Norwichv Tottenham
  11. Tottenhamv Watford
11 games, imagine, just imagine if we got 11 wins (which should be our target) 33pts + 25pts (we already have) = 58pts, before the next international break!

:avbpray::avbpray::avbpray::avbpray::avbpray:
We won't win them all but I agree each is winnable. With our run intact we go into these games confident and I think that will translate to more points. We could certainly not lose any of these games and that would be around the club record wouldn't it? 24 games

Those next eleven fixtures are a fantastic chance to accumulate some points. Its going to be very interesting to see where were are at the end of february

Stats are one thing but in reality you can't compare the two.
Under AVB we lost 3 times to West Ham in one season, we were conceeding 5 week in week out, we were going to places we knew we could never win..Under Poch no one embarrasses us, everybody fears us and we can watch the team without knowing we are going to get stuffed.
Under AVB we had no future and no direction, under Poch we have the brightest future I can remember and we can all see what he is trying to achieve and where we are going..
Chalk and cheese as far as i'm concerned.

This is our "class of 92", obviously a bit older than the Mancs but same mentality.
Coupled with a top draw coach, this is the most positive I have ever been, in terms of a team and not relying on1 star player to produce the odd bit of magic.

Last edited:
Apples and oranges, as far as I'm concerned. Although I think AVB got a bit of a raw deal, once Bale left, the football served up was mostly as exciting as watching paint dry and the team spirit was non-existant. Whereas now, the team and manager are on the same page and even if we don't alway get the right result/ performance, its not for want of trying. Cold statistics don't always tell the full story.

There's a lot of differences that's already been pointed out, and I'll add one. Pick any match from each of the two seasons, and look at the difference in Jan's body language. If you're being super critical, you'd argue that a true professional shouldn't have that problem (the one he used to), but just look at any team who's lost faith in their manager. Jan's the most obvious, but it goes for all the players' attitude. Today against any top team, it's chest out, on the front foot, here we fucking come, we're gonna smash you. Back then, oh no here they come.

We got a shitload of absolute dickings that season, and a few the year before. Donkey Kaboul red cards all over the shop.

I haven't had to buy a new remote control this year yet. I went through three that season. Says it all.

Back
Top Bottom