Poch's second season vs AVB's second season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham - Swansea 3p
West Ham - Tottenham 3p
Tottenham - Woolwich 1p
Aston Villa - Tottenham 3p
Tottenham - Bournemouth 3p
Liverpool - Tottenham 1p
Tottenham - Man Utd 1p
Stoke - Tottenham 3p
Tottenham - West Bromwich 3p
Chelsea - Tottenham 0p
Tottenham - Southampton 3p
Newcastle - Tottenham 3p

This should be enough to win the title. God I hope we win the two next and the NLD - That would really set us in a good position.

Tottenham - Swansea 3p
West Ham - Tottenham 3p
Tottenham - Woolwich 1p
Aston Villa - Tottenham 3p
Tottenham - Bournemouth 3p
Liverpool - Tottenham 1p
Tottenham - Man Utd 1p
Stoke - Tottenham 3p
Tottenham - West Bromwich 3p
Chelsea - Tottenham 0p
Tottenham - Southampton 3p
Newcastle - Tottenham 3p

This should be enough to win the title. God I hope we win the two next and the NLD - That would really set us in a good position.

The only question to ask yourself is want team do I want to watch, AVB's or Poch's................

There is only one person on this forum that I think would answer the former, and thankfully he is currently in the bin.

I fancy 9 points the next three-Woolwich are playing us at the right time for us and not for them, hopefully coming off a hammering in Barcelona and we are at home that midweek.
Get those three wins thats 8 on the spin and I challenge anyone to stop us then.

CgW-HYEWQAESP_v.jpg

CgW8BtFWQAAvfkv.jpg

the big difference between AVB and Poch lies in the style of football, Poch lets us play attacking, AVB was too negative and defensive ( LVG-esque) in my opinion.Even in his worst season he somehow managed to get the most out of an unbalanced mickey mouse squad, with fazio and kaboul in defence and soldado upfront.

They both use the double training session but Poch managed to get them to adopt it better than AVB.
Both ostracize players they dont think fits in the culture
- But Poch is superior when it comes to fitness training.
- AVB had an edge when it comes to tactics and substitutions,

But the most important thing was making us an attacking side again, we have done that underpoch.

But the most important thing was making us an attacking side again, we have done that underpoch.

This is exactly right. Teams used to hate coming to the Lane, we used to play amazing football. We lost that a few years and teams used to come to the Lane thinking they could get something. With Poch now in charge, I'd say we are the most feared team to play in the league this season, definitely the most entertaining and best footballing team.

These tables are always absurd.

For instance, a manager that has managed for three games and won two will have a 66% win ratio. A manager who has managed for four games and lost two will have a 50% win ratio. The shorter the tenure the less ups and downs there will be because of the fewer number of matches. That's why Bill Nicholson is will down the list when it comes to things. He had some real down times, but it doesn't take away from his successes.

These tables are always absurd.

For instance, a manager that has managed for three games and won two will have a 66% win ratio. A manager who has managed for four games and lost two will have a 50% win ratio. The shorter the tenure the less ups and downs there will be because of the fewer number of matches. That's why Bill Nicholson is will down the list when it comes to things. He had some real down times, but it doesn't take away from his successes.
Bollocks. Sherwood is the best manager in the clubs history.

Back
Top Bottom