Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so has he actually confirmed it's us or has the journalist jumped to conclusions? My Spursy sense is tingling and I feel we're gonna get hijacked by Real Madrid

so has he actually confirmed it's us or has the journalist jumped to conclusions? My Spursy sense is tingling and I feel we're gonna get hijacked by Real Madrid

this doesn't feel spursy enough, a top quality internation signing on the first day of transfer window, where's the hookie deadline day deals for darren bent? good ol arry

A translation from google...

Após pouco mais de três anos, chegou ao fim o ciclo de Paulinho no Corinthians. Recém-campeão da Copa das Confederações com o Brasil, o volante desembarcou em São Paulo e foi ao CT Joaquim Grava anunciar sua transferência para o Tottenham, da Inglaterra. O clube inglês pagará o valor referente à rescisão de contrato – € 20 milhões, aproximadamente R$ 59 milhões.
- É difícil falar num momento como esse (longa pausa). Mas tenho certeza de que foram três anos maravilhosos na minha carreira, de conquistas, de trabalhar com pessoas corretas, coerentes, que sempre me ajudaram. O que tenho para falar do Corinthians é até logo. Daqui a pouco eu volto. Por tudo que vocês fizeram por mim - declarou o jogador, chorando muito.
Apesar da expectativa corintiana de ver o volante em campo nas finais da Recopa Sul-Americana, contra o rival São Paulo, Paulinho descartou a possibilidade de fazer uma despedida com a camisa alvinegra.
- Não vou jogar a Recopa, não vou atuar pelo Corinthians porque há exigências contratuais do Tottenham. Não tem o que ser discutido. Foi uma decisão que todos nós respeitamos. Claro que eu tinha uma vontade enorme e gigante de ganhar mais um título, mas tem de respeitar - completou.
O que tenho para falar do Corinthians é até logo. Daqui a pouco eu volto. Por tudo que vocês fizeram por mim"
Paulinho
Com a eliminação nas oitavas de final da Taça Libertadores para o Boca Juniors, a saída de Paulinho era dada como certa pela direção corintiana. O jogador vinha sendo bastante assediado desde o ano passado, quando brilhou na ótima temporada alvinegra. O Inter de Milão, da Itália, era visto como um dos grandes favoritos a contratá-lo, desde 2012, mas o Tottenham, dirigido pelo técnico português André Villas-Boas, agiu rápido e fechou com o volante durante a disputa da Copa das Confederações.
- A única proposta que colocamos foi da Inter de Milão, mas agora não veio nenhuma, só a do Tottenham. A proposta veio, sentei, analisei e resolvi. Tenho certeza de que tomei uma grande decisão, vou pra um grande clube também. Chega um certo momento em que você precisa de novos desafios - analisou o volante, eleito o terceiro melhor jogador da Copa das Confederações.
Do dinheiro desembolsado pelos ingleses, o Corinthians ficará com metade (cerca de R$ 26,5 milhões), já que possuí 50% dos direitos econômicos. O restante será do Audax-SP, clube formador do jogador.
- Quero aproveitar para dar nossos imensos agradecimentos ao Paulinho, por tudo que ele fez pelo Corinthians. Jamais será esquecido por todos nós. A grande pessoa que ele é, muito merecido o título pela Seleção. O Corinthians se orgulha muito de ter no seu elenco um jogador como ele, nada mais justo do que ele seguir a vida num clube inglês, conhecer uma cultura nova - disse Roberto de Andrade, diretor de futebol do clube.
Contratado do Bragantino após o Paulistão de 2010, Paulinho virou uma das estrelas do Timão ao fazer gols em jogos decisivos e ser fundamental no esquema do técnico Tite. Ele conquistou o Brasileirão de 2011, a Libertadores e o Mundial de 2012 e o Paulistão de 2013. Em 167 partidas com a camisa alvinegra, fez 34 gols.
Com a iminente saída, a diretoria corintiana se antecipou e contratou Ibson, do Flamengo, além de Jocinei, revelação do Rio Claro. O elenco ainda conta com Guilherme e Edenílson para a mesma posição.
After just over three years, came to an end the cycle of Paulinho at Corinthians. Newly champion Confederations Cup with Brazil, the wheel landed in São Paulo and was the CT Joaquim Grava announcing his move to Tottenham, England. The English club will pay the amount relating to the termination of a contract - € 20 million, approximately U.S. $ 59 million.
- It's hard to say at a time like this (long pause). But I'm sure there were three wonderful years in my career, achievements, working with the right people, consistent, who always helped me. What I have to talk to the Corinthians is goodbye. Pretty soon I'll be back. For everything you have done for me - said the player, crying a lot.
Despite the expectation of seeing the wheel corintiana field in the finals of the Recopa Sudamericana against São Paulo rival, Paulinho has ruled out making a farewell with his shirt alvinegra.
- I will not play the Recopa, will not work with Corinthians because there are contractual requirements of Tottenham. There has to be discussed. It was a decision that we all respect. Of course I had an urge and Giant to win another title, but must respect - completed.What I have to talk to the Corinthians is goodbye. Pretty soon I'll be back. For all that you did for me "Paulinho
With the elimination round of the Libertadores Cup final to Boca Juniors, the output Paulinho was taken for granted by the direction corintiana. The player had been harassed enough since last year, when shone on the great season alvinegra. The Inter Milan, Italy, was seen as a hot favorite to hire him, since 2012, but the Tottenham, headed by Portuguese coach Andre Villas-Boas, acted quickly and closed with the steering wheel during the race Confederations Cup .
- The only proposal that was put Inter Milan, but now none came, only Tottenham. The proposal came in, sat down, analyzed and resolved. I'm sure I made a great decision going to a big club too. There comes a certain time when you need new challenges - examined the wheel, voted the third best player of the Confederations Cup.
Money disbursed by the British, Corinthians will be at half (about U.S. $ 26.5 million), as owning 50% of the economic rights. The remainder will be the Audax-SP, training club player.
- I want to take to give our thanks to the immense Paulinho, for all he did for the Corinthians. Never be forgotten by all of us. A great person that he is, well deserved the title by Selection. The Corinthians is very proud to have on its roster a player like him, nothing more righteous than he follow the life an English club, meet a new culture - said Roberto de Andrade, director of the football club.
Engaged Bragantino after Paulistão 2010, Paulinho became one of the stars of Timon to make goals in the playoffs and be fundamental in the scheme of coach Tite. He won the Brasileirão 2011, the Libertadores and World Paulistão 2012 and 2013. In 167 games with the shirt alvinegra made 34 goals.
With the imminent departure, the board corintiana anticipated and hired Ibson, Flamengo, and Jocinei, revelation of Rio Claro. The cast also includes William and Edenilson to the same position.

@gstobart: Paulinho: “I'm sure I have made the right decision in joining another big club[#THFC]. At this stage in my career I needed a new challenge.”

Back
Top Bottom