Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is he? I really want him to be but I haven't seen enough.

I've only seen these last few games. The confed cup ones and the friendly against England. I can't really comment on his all round game, but I will say this. He is capable of getting goals from midfield, something we have been missing. Could be a decent acquisition.

Haha.
Good pass to Neymar and a reasonable header for the goal but didn't see a lot else.

He made a Zokora like run in one of the other games I saw (but he looks like he can actually score) so I'm feeling reasonably optimistic.

Didn't he say big phil is telling him to play a different role to the one he usually does for his club team ?

Haha.
Good pass to Neymar and a reasonable header for the goal but didn't see a lot else.

He made a Zokora like run in one of the other games I saw (but he looks like he can actually score) so I'm feeling reasonably optimistic.

Thing is, he seems to be playing out of position for Brazil, from what I have read about him he seems to play a bit higher up the pitch for Corinthians. Like putting Scholes on the left wing it doesn't really show off his true ability, or indeed failings. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Thing is, he seems to be playing out of position for Brazil, from what I have read about him he seems to play a bit higher up the pitch for Corinthians. Like putting Scholes on the left wing it doesn't really show off his true ability, or indeed failings. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
Exactly the point I was making LoL.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22502-1372241531-14.gif

He looks decent but really am not sure he looks like the type of player we would break our transfer record for.

He looks decent but really am not sure he looks like the type of player we would break our transfer record for.
All of these players cost more than our record;
Downing, Barry, Milner, Carroll, Henderson, Zhirokov, Glenn Johnson, Aquillani

They're shit. Comparing Paulinho to them prices it doesn't look bad at all.

All of these players cost more than our record;
Downing, Barry, Milner, Carroll, Henderson, Zhirokov, Glenn Johnson, Aquillani

They're shit. Comparing Paulinho to them prices it doesn't look bad at all.
All went to clubs with more money than us.

I just mean he doesn't seem like a special player that the board would really push the boat out on. I'd be surprised if we were to sign him and then spend big money on anyone else. We dont have the money that the likes of Chelsea, City, Man U and even Woolwich will have.

Would people be happy if our only two signings were Paulinho and Villa?

No, I would want two strikers and Paulinho as a minimum to be honest. Whether that is realistic or not I have no idea but Levy REALLY has to show some intent this year. :avbshock:

As has been mentioned many times there is more TV money to go around this year so that will factor into it as you can see by all these teams splashing cash. Swansea is buying Bony for 10.2m, Southampton bid 12.5m for Wanyama, Cardiff is buying some Danish guy for 8.5m ffs.

Back
Top Bottom