Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sigh... How is it possible that you people don't understand payment terms and installments?

I'm as pissed as the next guy at Madrid for circling like vultures around WHL and constantly destabilizing our team, but the "Madrid haven't paid us" story never was a story to begin with, and anybody that got sucked into it is guilty of sheer idiocy.

Well I'm just worried that they will go through some sort of economical sanctioning when EU go through the Spanish government business. We might be left without a lot of money if some bullshit goes through.

Well I'm just worried that they will go through some sort of economical sanctioning when EU go through the Spanish government business. We might be left without a lot of money if some bullshit goes through.
That's the risk that we take, but it doesn't give Spurs any legal right to demand a full-value lump-sum payout when the terms of the agreement are for graduated installments over X years.

At any rate, the economic crisis seems to be easing, so I think we are moving away from that being a distinct possibility.

My hate for Madrid is that great right now that i'd rather we lost a part of those fees just to see them relegated or something similar. Can't see it happening though, the Spanish government has been protecting them for years and will keep doing it for years to come, it's the same country where the Operation Puerto doping case was covered up.

I certainly wouldn't want us to lose any of our instalments. I couldn't care less about Real Madrid , I care about us. But we won't lose any of them anyway, so it's a non-issue.

A real issue is whether Adam has sufficiently injured Pauli so he misses the next week/month or so. It's really gutting that as he finds his best form, he's injured by someone with 'form' against us.

Going against everything I stand for in my regards to sports, Charlie Adam is the only player of anything on earth who I hope steps into a gutter and snaps his leg tomorrow. Just an immaculate bag of shit.

That having been said, this is the first time that Madrid have circled a player that isn't essential to us, both because we have great cover at the position and because I've made it well known on here that I feel the guy's finishing ability is unforgiveably atrocious. Even Soldado pines for the chances Paulie has had. If Madrid offers us anything around 20 mil or north (which I'm sure Levy would have no problem securing) I hope we take it. We could probably buy a better young box to box midfielder for that amount with change to spare for our much needed back line improvements. We've too many central midfielders at the moment as is.

Sigh... How is it possible that you people don't understand payment terms and installments?

I'm as pissed as the next guy at Madrid for circling like vultures around WHL and constantly destabilizing our team, but the "Madrid haven't paid us" story never was a story to begin with, and anybody that got sucked into it is guilty of sheer idiocy.
What annoys me is that our so called special relationship with Madrid is not special and apart from not paying up front which I understand and acknowledge your above point, what do we gain from selling our best to them! Nothing apart from cash (paid on installments) and they sell their best to the cunts next door to us. Paulinho hopefully digs our club and can wants to be a part of creating something special, as long as we give him stability?

What annoys me is that our so called special relationship with Madrid is not special and apart from not paying up front which I understand and acknowledge your above point, what do we gain from selling our best to them! Nothing apart from cash (paid on installments) and they sell their best to the cunts next door to us. Paulinho hopefully digs our club and can wants to be a part of creating something special, as long as we give him stability?

I know we're all bitter with Madrid and have every right to be, but realistically there is a plus to the "relationship." It's a pipeline for our best players out of the league. It's been confirmed that Man U lodged in a higher bet for Bale this summer, but nevertheless he went to Madrid. As much as it hurts seeing Bale and Modric leave for Madrid, nothing would make me sicker than seeing them play for Man U and Chelsea respectively. I never want to see one of our best sold to a wealthier club in the league again. Ever.

That having been said, if all the stuff about Morata going out on loan are true, and especially after the Ozil to les Arse deal, it'll be some outright fucking horseshit if he goes to Woolwich. I'd really like to see us hop out and into bed with Munich anyway. They've an absurd abundance of excellent youth talent, and are very frequently loaning them out. Would loooove to get our lillywhite hands on some of them younguns.

Last edited:
Fuck Madrid and their cunty relationship. More like they are the school bully and were getting our dinner money nicked.

I hate them cunts and the only thing this 'special' relationship has given me is a fondness for Barca.

'Hala Madrid'....more like 'Cunt' of Madrid and do some proper scouting you whores.

What annoys me is that our so called special relationship with Madrid is not special
But we have no idea what the special relationship even is. The most credible description I got was from Miles from Sport Interactive, who said it involved sharing resources and that RM would get the right of first refusal on our players and we'd get to loan theirs. That we haven't yet loaned a player from them means little, considering the relationship is only two years old, and who knows… maybe it was the access to RM's scouting network that tipped us off to Paulinho in the first place. He didn't come from nowhere, but we were in there fast and furious before the Confed Cup was even done.

Back
Top Bottom