Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you seriously basing your opinion that Paulinho has turned the corner based on a performance against some Cypriot rat catchers and postmen?

Let's wait and see if he can do it at PL level.
To be fair, most of them were Brazilian rat catchers and postmen playing in Cyprus. Not sure why that's relevant, but it makes Pauli's achievements a little better

LOL another one of these cunts that fail to answer any questions and have an actual debate.

I'll try again, rather than using any meaningless stats against champions elect Villa, who has Pauliniho played well against that gives you such hope?

England.
I'm pretty sure this is the only reason we bid for him.

Perhaps if Eriksen has more games like he did against Liverpool, Paulinho will get an opportunity in that role behind the striker.

England.
I'm pretty sure this is the only reason we bid for him.
Agreed... Although on that selection basis we should be putting bids in for a few Norwegians in January.

In the PL, I can only think of 1 really decent performance against Stoke. A few other games like Villa & United he did ok. I really do hope he turns it around, but you're lying to yourself if you think his first season was anything other than distinctly average.

Also, addressing some people's belief that he'll become a No. 10.

He's not starting at No. 10 so long as Eriksen and Lamela are fit, and if his future is indeed at No. 10 then his future is not at this club.

Also, addressing some people's belief that he'll become a No. 10.

He's not starting at No. 10 so long as Eriksen and Lamela are fit, and if his future is indeed at No. 10 then his future is not at this club.

Thought you meant Downing Street...

:ade::ade::ade::ade::ade::ade::ade::ade:
:adethumbup::adethumbup::adethumbup::adethumbup::adethumbup::adethumbup:
:adelol::adelol::adelol::adelol::adelol::adelol:
:chadliblow::chadliblow::chadliblow::chadliblow::chadliblow::chadliblow::chadliblow::chadliblow::chadliblow:
:freundgoal::freundgoal::freundgoal::freundgoal::freundgoal::freundgoal:

:pochbye:

LOL another one of these cunts that fail to answer any questions and have an actual debate.

I'll try again, rather than using any meaningless stats against champions elect Villa, who has Pauliniho played well against that gives you such hope?

You think me mentioning that villa are third in the prem, after you claimed they are an easy touch is avoiding debate?

Ade, Eriksen and Lloris aside everyone was shit last season and the fact Tino wants three interchanging number 10s then Pauli very much could have a future here. The bloke is great at pressing high up the pitch and intercepting passes means he has some tools already that this new system needs to be successful. When Pauli toughens up abit there's a quality player in there waiting to break out.

Haha. The window just closed and you are in Paulinho out mode.
Apart from 2 goals and 1 assist in his last 2 competitive matches for us?
Again, I hope that he proves me wrong. For that matter I hope that Nabil Bentaleb our young French-Algerian turns into the next Zidane, but I have to hedge my hopes and dreams with a dose of reality, and to that end I've not seen in Paulinho what you apparently have.

I could talk all day long about what I'd like for him to be to us, but he's fallen very far behind in our squad and I haven't seen him put in enough good performances to warrant a starting spot, outside of Cup matches and the Europa League.

And what's more, at first blush Pochettino doesn't seem to rate him much, either.

Again, I hope that he proves me wrong, but he's got a mountain to climb to convince me otherwise, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him leave in January.

This season. After 2 games. Seems a rather silly point to make.

I hope he does proves us all wrong but we can't deny he's been rather disappointing given the hype and the amount we paid. Showed us what he had in flashes and did more than lamela last year so if we're giving him the benefit of a fresh start we should do the same for paulinho.

Not when the quote was he's done nothing to justify his place.

If you watch his last 2 competitive games for us, 2 goals and 1 assist is a VALID point.

If you've been listening to Americans and Sky Sports opinions of him I suppose I am making a silly point.

Again, I hope that he proves me wrong. For that matter I hope that Nabil Bentaleb our young French-Algerian turns into the next Zidane, but I have to hedge my hopes and dreams with a dose of reality, and to that end I've not seen in Paulinho what you apparently have.

I could talk all day long about what I'd like for him to be to us, but he's fallen very far behind in our squad and I haven't seen him put in enough good performances to warrant a starting spot, outside of Cup matches and the Europa League.

And what's more, at first blush Pochettino doesn't seem to rate him much, either.

Again, I hope that he proves me wrong, but he's got a mountain to climb to convince me otherwise, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him leave in January.

That's a cop out. Ended with you wanting him out confirming my post.

Keep covering all bases. I know what you did last summer. And ole Gibbsy never forgets...(disappears into the fog of time)

"And scene."

Ade, Eriksen and Lloris aside everyone was shit last season and the fact Tino wants three interchanging number 10s then Pauli very much could have a future here. The bloke is great at pressing high up the pitch and intercepting passes means he has some tools already that this new system needs to be successful. When Pauli toughens up abit there's a quality player in there waiting to break out.
Yeah break the fuck out of the EPL

Back
Top Bottom