Panathinaikos #1882THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They usually have a guy with a helmet cam roaming about, mostly for games when they think the atmosphere could turn nasty.

I wonder if by entering the ground you are agreeing to having images of yourself captured in this way?

There are cameras everywhere in the ground anyway, pretty sure that box suspended above the away fans is a set of people constantly monitoring the crowd.

The policemen with cameras are just there so that fans know for certain they are being filmed - it's a crowd calming measure.

No idea, I was directly in front of you guys (getting twatted in the head and finding loads of ticker tape in my hood!) That Hava Nagila guy with the scarf was hilarious. Top work again 1882 people :bow:
:ossie:

One and the same my friend!

I stand corrected, THAT was my finest work of the evening!

Another great night, brought my brother along for the first time this season.

I think the hardest part was getting every one to sing the same song! Just shows how many loud fans were prepared to start a chant!

Found it a little harder in the second half, throat/lungs were starting to go, heard Have Nagila at one point but only a few were singing.

Was having a chat with my brother about Paxton, in my days as a junior when I would regularly attend mid-week games, me and my mates would frequent the North stand and always sang back to Park Lane. The lack of atmosphere down there is astonishingly bad these days.

My throat is too painful to eat, I could barely talk before we even got into the ground but somehow I managed to still be shouting at 90 minutes. There was a little girl in front of me right down the front about 7 years old who was singing and shouting YIDARMMMYYYYYYY the whole game. Always good too see little kids enjoying the atmosphere, like what we did back in the day. Cheers HairyRaodmap HairyRaodmap for the ticket and shout out to Mini Harry Kane! Forgot your name brah

a
One and the same my friend!

I stand corrected, THAT was my finest work of the evening!
Awesome stuff mate! Your wit, Flav's volume (and ticker tape) combined with a decent cluster of like-minded Yids in the vicinity singing for the shirt for 90 mins made it a night to remember.

This is my first post (HELLO). I found the site because I wondered what the hell East Upper were on at the Maribor game!
Freezing last night - don't forget the weather affects play too but I felt we had another gear to go up to if needed. bottom line: Job done!
Good show (ish) from the 1882'ers last night - I was down the other end and the game's atmosphere was like a good league game rather than no-matter Europa league game.
The greeks were mad though. Their mosh pit impression looked great.

a
Awesome stuff mate! Your wit, Flav's volume (and ticker tape) combined with a decent cluster of like-minded Yids in the vicinity singing for the shirt for 90 mins made it a night to remember.

...yeah, but did he have two bags of the stuff strapped discreetly about his person* beforehand, like some kind of suicide confetti bomber... :adeninja: just so he could get past the turnstile security... I THINK NOT!

*incidentally, in case you thought that measure a little extreme, I had the whole lot taken off me last time vs. Maribor, (3 bags full no less, for all you Baa-Baa-Black Sheep fans!) ...so I wasn't taking ANY chances this time round!

Cole you was told to be quiet by someone? That is something I never thought I'd hear.

Unfortunately yes. Some woman in front turned round and told me to be quiet, couldn't quite believe it! They didn't sing all game and I kid you not even when we scored I've never seen a couple (she was with her husband) be less enthused by a Spurs goal.

Loved 'Can't Smile Without You' and 'My Name Is'! 'Glory Glory' got going but not for as long and as slow as I'd hoped. But I'm very fussy!

My throat is well and truly fucked but that's all part and parcel. I'd sooner lose it for the rest of my life than sit in silence.

As I stepped off the train at Fratton just before 1am, there was a group of about 4 lads singing the nicola berti song, I would have joined in but I think I left a lung in block 32 somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom