Our luck.....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One picture is all IT takes

nuclear_meltdown.jpg

Yep, I agree, Im fucking livid with the game.

You, however seem quite pleased that you think your point has been proven.

We could have been battered 4-0, and not had a single shot in the game, and you would have still piped up like we were unlucky, so whats the difference. You sat back and waited for us to lose a game and then acted like you had a point.

No one said we would never lose again this season.

Fuck me, this place is becoming like RAWK.....its not fair when Spurs lose, because we are the best and the ref cheated us and our luck ran out.

But unlike RAWK, when we win, we are shit, clueless and lucky.

All a bit pathetic to be honest. We were not good enough yesterday, and we lacked creativity in the final third with our key players (apart from Kane) not turning up in attack.

People can cry about refs all they want....the ref didnt miss an open goal though. That was Eriksen, and it wasnt unlucky, it was just good old fashioned shit.

yep.

Yep, I agree, Im fucking livid with the game.

You, however seem quite pleased that you think your point has been proven.

We could have been battered 4-0, and not had a single shot in the game, and you would have still piped up like we were unlucky, so whats the difference. You sat back and waited for us to lose a game and then acted like you had a point.

No one said we would never lose again this season.

angry-computer.jpg

Except we weren't "shit" and we have played far worse this season and taken all 3 points - hence why we have been 'lucky' in that regard. It was a game that was taken away from us by shitty refereeing and a poor reaction to conceding.

Not saying that we aren't at fault because we obviously are - but you can't argue that on another day with another referee we come away with 3 points. That is the unlucky aspect. Simple as.

Except we weren't "shit" and we have played far worse this season and taken all 3 points - hence why we have been 'lucky' in that regard. It was a game that was taken away from us by shitty refereeing and a poor reaction to conceding.

Not saying that we aren't at fault because we obviously are - but you can't argue that on another day with another referee we come away with 3 points. That is the unlucky aspect. Simple as.

Its not "simple as" at all.....and I can very well argue that we might not have won had the penalty not been given. Maybe you didnt see our beautiful capitulation against Newcastle, or the Palace home game where they battered us around our own pitch.

Call it luck or unlucky all you want.

I'll call it as it is. Inconsistency due to years of instability and having some players that are not good enough and a new manager trying to build a team.

Our joy never lasts very long .

Get a good win, then lose next game,
or the scum lose well, then we lose soon after .
Plus, we get our hopes up with the new stadium, only for it to be put on hold yet again .

Not usually one for silly sayings but it is very Spursy .
:wall:

Been the same for years, what needs to change is our club and fans mentality. After years of under performance and false dawns us fans tend to be negative and waiting for things to go wrong, and when they do, we say ' see same old Tottenham'!

However the club does not help with the constant upheaval of managerial and playing staff, we are constantly in a state of flux, when I look back the last great Spurs manager was Burkinshaw and he left in 1984.

Since then it has been season after season of lows and false dawns.

Pleat's team of 1987 was a great side and then he left, Venables came in, we got Gazza, won the cup, then El Tel and Al fell out, then the 90's were a complete shambles of under performing players and managers out of their depth with a trigger happy chairman.

George Graham was a low point, yes we won a cup but as soon as results turned he was on a hiding to nothing, Hoddle wanted it too much and let his heart rule his head, then Jol arrived and we seemed to be on the up, then he fell out with regime and Harry was never building a team for the future, always about now and about Harry........after more upheaval we have poch............

So Poch must be given time, and not just months but years, we all know there are players he wants out, there are players here that are good enough but we also have to be realistic that we are not champs league, we have a wage structure and that will prevent us obtaining the top drawer players, however Poch seems to like putting the youngsters in and i am all for that, win or lose on Sunday we need to keep patience with our current manager and the players he is bringing through

Lets see where we are at the end of next season, when he has had sucessive transfer windows to work in and for his footballing ideas to be cemented into the playing style........

Back
Top Bottom