Our luck.....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My work here is done

5n5En.jpg

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ON THE CROSS.... is this a football forum, or an internet wank-off?

...THERE'S A MATCH IN JUST OVER FOUR HOURS PEOPLE... FOCUS!!!!!

That's unlucky, he got their score right. Maybe he's back on the sauce?

Merson's Predictions:-
Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

Chelsea will win 3-0 - and I'm being kind to Tottenham here, as Chelsea fans call it ‘Three-point Lane!' If Man Utd were as ruthless as Chelsea are then it would have been 3-0 on Sunday. It is only waiting to happen at Tottenham, believe me, they are waiting to be on the end of something big and I think this will be it.

I think that Chelsea are head and shoulders above Tottenham and the game will be over in quick time.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-3 (Sky Bet odds 14/1)

That's unlucky, he got their score right. Maybe he's back on the sauce?

Merson's Predictions:-
Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea
I think that Chelsea are head and shoulders above Tottenham and the game will be over in quick time.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-3 (Sky Bet odds 14/1)

He got the last bit right, the game WAS over in the 3 minutes before HT!!

BTW, did anyone call 5-3...? I don't just mean did they put a bet on it... could anyone see this result coming, other than conspiracy theorists who believe that the PL HAD to get this exact scoreline on Jan 1st, to ensure identical joint first and second place, and thereby start the year off by introducing the notion of a ONE-OFF game to decide the title... they say at Wembley... but you just know that by the time the bidding rights are slapped on the table, it'll be moved to Dubai, or Malaysia, or somewhere they can generate the most money from!!

Oh, and why are Chel53a top on Alphabetical 'merit'??? I know it's only for now, and the actual league won't be decided that way, but it's still nice to see your team at the top of whatever league it's playing in... so why not have the team with least Red/Yellow cards...? at least that offers some kind of incentive, rather than hoping your team starts with a letter early in the alphabet... poor old Aldershot must be kicking themselves, they should be top of the Football Pyramid right now!!

He got the last bit right, the game WAS over in the 3 minutes before HT!!

BTW, did anyone call 5-3...? I don't just mean did they put a bet on it... could anyone see this result coming, other than conspiracy theorists who believe that the PL HAD to get this exact scoreline on Jan 1st, to ensure identical joint first and second place, and thereby start the year off by introducing the notion of a ONE-OFF game to decide the title... they say at Wembley... but you just know that by the time the bidding rights are slapped on the table, it'll be moved to Dubai, or Malaysia, or somewhere they can generate the most money from!!

Oh, and why are Chel53a top on Alphabetical 'merit'??? I know it's only for now, and the actual league won't be decided that way, but it's still nice to see your team at the top of whatever league it's playing in... so why not have the team with least Red/Yellow cards...? at least that offers some kind of incentive, rather than hoping your team starts with a letter early in the alphabet... poor old Aldershot must be kicking themselves, they should be top of the Football Pyramid right now!!
Merson don't always do coke but when he does he's usually predicting scores at the time. Daft cunt.

Yesterday wasnt unlucky...hence our "luck" didnt run out.

We got it wrong. Very wrong, simple as that.

If you put it down to being unlucky, then you must be happy with the performance, and would gladly see the same approach next week then..?

Townsend looking like a Sunday League player, Soldado being shit, Poch not using the flanks, Eriksen and Chadli being extremely poor, Bentaleb going to the AFCON and Stambouli making a rash challenge is not bad luck.

Whats even funnier, is that you were nowhere to be seen after Chelsea.....but here you are after Palace, having a great Sunday afternoon winding up Spurs fans because we lost.

Bravo

Luck was against us in regards to the timing of this match.

2 weeks ago we would have murdered them but their shit new pitch, new manager and players and fans with new self belief was all against us. The ref got caught up with the razzmatazz as well.

Luck was against us in regards to the timing of this match.

Then we were unlucky way back in July when the fixtures were announced....

What Carlito fails to realise is that no team is lucky for 15 games.

EVERY team has its share of good and bad luck, several times over during the course of 90 minutes.

Were Palace lucky winners yesterday? Not really.

Then we were unlucky way back in July when the fixtures were announced....

What Carlito fails to realise is that no team is lucky for 15 games.

EVERY team has its share of good and bad luck, several times over during the course of 90 minutes.

Were Palace lucky winners yesterday? Not really.

Not sure whether it was down to luck or what but I do know that there could not have been a worse time to play Palace than yesterday.
Saying that we should have put the game to bed way before the penalty debacle. That is nothing but our own failings.

Nothing but our own failings? Did you even see the match? Everything was under control until that completely non-starter penalty was awarded. Then Palace suddenly had something to play for and we shit the bed. Didn't help that we couldn't even get a point from our own penalty shout which should have been given.

Luck does run out I'm afraid.

Nothing but our own failings? Did you even see the match? Everything was under control until that completely non-starter penalty was awarded. Then Palace suddenly had something to play for and we shit the bed. Didn't help that we couldn't even get a point from our own penalty shout which should have been given.

Luck does run out I'm afraid.

And as I pointed out, we were not lucky to start with, we ground out victories due to our fitness, confidence and mentality improving.

All this luck nonsense and people bemoaning a clear penalty. It was a stupid rash challenge and if anything he was lucky not to get a second yellow.

Are we unlucky because Palace went on to get a winner where we fell short and went to pieces? Is that unlucky?? The penalty made it 1-1, not 6-0.

Fuck me, this place is becoming like RAWK.....its not fair when Spurs lose, because we are the best and the ref cheated us and our luck ran out.

But unlike RAWK, when we win, we are shit, clueless and lucky.

All a bit pathetic to be honest. We were not good enough yesterday, and we lacked creativity in the final third with our key players (apart from Kane) not turning up in attack.

People can cry about refs all they want....the ref didnt miss an open goal though. That was Eriksen, and it wasnt unlucky, it was just good old fashioned shit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom