Our 2013-14 Home Kit “drops” 8 July

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone let me know when there is actual news on the kit, I get a little twinge of excitement at every new post, only to be disappointed at the latest comment about black shorts or playing as skins next season etc..

Anyone know the reason why kit releases seem to be positioned later in the year with every passing season? Can't really see where the commercial benefit lies

Anyone know the reason why kit releases seem to be positioned later in the year with every passing season? Can't really see where the commercial benefit lies

It might be down to sponsorship. I remember the season we got CL we didn't get the shirt sponsorship sewn up until really late on. You know what Levy is like with deals, squeezing every last penny out of someone.

It might be down to sponsorship. I remember the season we got CL we didn't get the shirt sponsorship sewn up until really late on. You know what Levy is like with deals, squeezing every last penny out of someone.

Pretty sure we are tied down to HP/Autonomy for next season, reckon this could be to do with investec/another potential cup sponsor?

Pretty sure we are tied down to HP/Autonomy for next season, reckon this could be to do with investec/another potential cup sponsor?
Last year iirc, we tied up the Investec deal (or it was announced) in the week leading up to our first EL match… So I do think sponsorship plays a role, for sure.

I'm fairly certain it has been posted in this thread but it has been confirmed by the Spurs radio guy Daniel Wynn that the Autonomy deal has expired and we will have a new sponsor next season.

dibs on the third kit :D
12424-banana-c.jpg

I would like to see our players not wearing shirts, Wearing clothing slows down players.... It's simple maths as if you are carrying more things then your going to be slower.

Also light socks and small boxers.

For those of you interested in such things, here's a season by season table of every shirt sponsor for all 46 Premier League clubs from 1992-93 to 2013-14...

Premier League Shirt Sponsors 1992-93 to 2013-14

A lot of that is nonsense though. The Goons never had a season with no sponsor after shacking up with JVC in the early 80's. TV prohibited sponsorship on shirts for any televised matches for a good few years though.

Back
Top Bottom