Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They’ve struggled this season going forward for sure - Odegaard + Martinelli haven’t been on it at all. Their lack of threats from elsewhere doesn’t help and they don’t really have anyone dangerous to bring off the bench.
With their overall attacking struggles AND Odegaard and Martinelli not being on it could it not be that distribution from deeper in MF is the actual culprit for their ills?

No. Martinelli is not missing sitters and fucking up attacks because of Rice.

View: https://x.com/PatrickTimmons1/status/1733043313433874540?s=20

They’re struggling due to fairweather players, meanwhile Rice is actually the one battling on every week.

Right, so the team that bottled it but came 2nd last season with great attacking output decides to put a new equine specimen in their MF and the resultant stodgy attacking performances have nothing to do with that 'player'? But instead it is due to the exact players that made things tick last season?

Gotcha!

Right, so the team that bottled it but came 2nd last season with great attacking output decides to put a new equine specimen in their MF and the resultant stodgy attacking performances have nothing to do with that 'player'? But instead it is due to the exact players that made things tick last season?

Gotcha!

Yeah a team who have qualified for the CL and are no longer a ‘surprise’ to teams could NEVER face inevitable struggles to match that the season after. Never happens. Ever.

It’s definitely Rice’s fault Odegaard is falling over himself and Martinelli is struggling to kick.

Woolwich fell apart last season at the end when teams figured them out a bit and exposed their soft centre. Rice has covered that soft centre.

Villa created almost nothing today, but yeah it’s the defensive mids fault that the attackers did nothing in a really tough away game.

Villa created almost nothing today,
But the thing they DID create was outcome determinative, right? Well I'm sure Emery is very said that he didn't fill up your STAT sheet! Would you like to regale me with stories and stats of all the chances created by Rice?

but yeah it’s the defensive mids fault that the attackers did nothing in a really tough away game.
Right...so NOW he's a DM/6 when they bought him for the 8 then? Ok, you think maybe his attacking 'contributions' were considered the cause of this attacking malaise so they moved him further back?

also, "defensive mid" is supposed to have defensive instincts, right? Talk to me about this play...does he even know that McGinn exists? So ball-oriented...he's like a 7 year old in a dusty pileup...

But the thing they DID create was outcome determinative, right? Well I'm sure Emery is very said that he didn't fill up your STAT sheet! Would you like to regale me with stories and stats of all the chances created by Rice?

Right...so NOW he's a DM/6 when they bought him for the 8 then? Ok, you think maybe his attacking 'contributions' were considered the cause of this attacking malaise so they moved him further back?

also, "defensive mid" is supposed to have defensive instincts, right? Talk to me about this play...does he even know that McGinn exists? So ball-oriented...he's like a 7 year old in a dusty pileup...

Why would you do that when his role on the football pitch isn’t to create chances? What would be the point?

Oh dear … midfielder in has bad moment shocker. I could post a thousand clips for that where he wins it back but that wouldn’t be as funny I guess.

Rice has been their best player this season. So many of their hyped bunch have under delivered. Their fans have set up a poll to pay West Ham more because they’re that impressed by him.

Why would you do that when his role on the football pitch isn’t to create chances? What would be the point?
He was brought as and started the season having the game spin round him as an 8...so it's fair game!

Oh dear … midfielder in has bad moment shocker. I could post a thousand clips for that where he wins it back but that wouldn’t be as funny I guess.
Welp, that is literally 4 goals in a row for which he is responsible!!!! 360* is a mofo!

Rice has been their best player this season.
They sit third! Last year this time they were 1st! Albatross!

Their fans have set up a poll to pay West Ham more because they’re that impressed by him.
Over at SC they pay for ITK! In your time here you haven't figured out that most supporters are...special?

edit: have to haven't

Last edited:
He was brought as and started the season having the game spin round him as an 8...so it's fair game!

Welp, that is literally 4 goals in a row for which he is responsible!!!! 360* is a mofo!

They sit third! Last year this time they were 1st! Albatross!

Over at SC they pay for ITK! In your time here you haven't figured out that most supporters are...special?

edit: have to haven't

He’s scored multiple goals including match winners if that helps. His role was not and never has been to set up goals.

It isn’t.

Yeah .. Europe.

Yeah a team who have qualified for the CL and are no longer a ‘surprise’ to teams could NEVER face inevitable struggles to match that the season after. Never happens. Ever.

It’s definitely Rice’s fault Odegaard is falling over himself and Martinelli is struggling to kick.

Woolwich fell apart last season at the end when teams figured them out a bit and exposed their soft centre. Rice has covered that soft centre.

Villa created almost nothing today, but yeah it’s the defensive mids fault that the attackers did nothing in a really tough away game.
*And they lost Saliba for a long period?

Yeah a lot of revisionism about him going on, he failed at Woolwich and deserved the sack tbh.

TBF he finished 5th and had an EL final.

Arteta finished 8th in back to back seasons and then bottled top 4 the year after.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom