Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s just big team getting favourable decision. But it’s fucking disgrace. I cannot believe it they are willing to cheat like this. It’s clear and obvious PENALTY
But the VAR officials are holed up in a quiet room. There’s no crowd pressure. There are a group of them.

It’s not bowing to pressure. It’s a conscious decision to give the three points to UTD.

Seriously think that’s the most bent decision I’ve ever seen from VAR.

I dare anyone to try and justify that decision, like how the actual fuck can anyone not call that a penalty?
Well, I know what the jobsworths are going to say: The ball was long gone and his actions didn't have a "direct" effect on the play. Bullshit in my eyes. We all know that gets given 100% the other way around.

Indeed. Usually among the biggest guys on the pitch, can jump, barge and use their hands. Yet just look at that Everton disallowed goal for all the evidence you need.

He's just cleaned him out completely. You shouldn't be able to do that just because you play in goal.

People will scream "corruption" and shit but imo this is just an example of that. Refs protect them all of the time, you can clatter anyone on the field as a keeper and it doesn't matter. I remember when Pickford got away with smashing VVD, it was brutal.

It wasn't on Sunday once the ref didn't give it. Those are the current rules, needs a high bar to overturn on field.
Ref didn't see the contact, only the dive. VAR saw the contact.

Once there is contact, it's a pen, no matter how dramatic. I don't like it any more than you but the player is moving away from the goal. As a defender you give him a yard to make sure he doesn't do you on the touchline and force him to turn back out so that you're back line are in position.

We were taught this at U13 level.

The Refs and VAR have too much power in today's game.

With all the technology they shouldn't be getting these blatant things wrong.

Back
Top Bottom