Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's not now nor ever has been better than Kyle Walker. His defense might be better than TAA (whose isn't?) but it's not close enough to KW for a few SOs to eclipse over a decade of shutting down anyone any and all opposing LWs. A little perspective, Deuterz.

I think they all have different strengths. The way I've always seen it - TAA has the most natural footballing ability. But obviously he's toss as defending and it's something he clearly hates. Walker is generally great at defending, especially one on one. But doesn't offer a lot of quality in forward areas at all. James is probably the best balanced of the three in regards to being able to attack and defend well in equal measure. But he seems to play a lot of games clearly not 100% and can often look sloppy because of it. But for England I'd opt for Walker still.

Is it too much to hope that Man U turn up and stick 3 past them?
Yes!

Would so fucking weird all cheering as City pile the goals in. Oh well.
Wouldn't it just...
If we score, it'll be weirder to hear the split second honest reaction... I imagine instinctive cheering, then a second or two to digest the implications... Before hoping to god VAR intervene!!

City fans doing the poznan at Craven Cottage of all places, embarrassing.
I reckon the whole STADIUM will be doing it if they win at WHL on Tuesday!

Having looked at the table, I fear there's the chance this whole season has been the biggest publicity stunt in PL football...

IF Arse win today by the odd goal, and we draw with City on Tuesday, then both of them will have 86 points, with a +3/4 goal difference between them...

Basically making next Sunday a goal shoot out, as to who can score the most goals, wins!!

If that's not the script for the upcoming/yet to be made 2025 Movie blockbuster "Shoot Out, the tale of two Cities" then I dunno what it!!

Having looked at the table, I fear there's the chance this whole season has been the biggest publicity stunt in PL football...

IF Arse win today by the odd goal, and we draw with City on Tuesday, then both of them will have 86 points, with a +3/4 goal difference between them...

Basically making next Sunday a goal shoot out, as to who can score the most goals, wins!!

If that's not the script for the upcoming/yet to be made 2025 Movie blockbuster "Shoot Out, the tale of two Cities" then I dunno what it!!
Woolwich have United, who just conceded 4 to Crystal Palace, then Everton, who coughed up 6 goals last time they were in London. If it is down to goal difference then City are screwed.

It does have that feel about it doesn't it? Even the pundits attitude on MOTD last night, led me to think that as well.

In the space of a few days He can go from man of the match to looking like a Sunday league player (or vice versa)

I think that is due to Haaland being a pure number 9. Put a cross in the box, a lose ball, a ball round the back and he is perhaps the best player in the world. Ask him to drop deep or drop wide and he is tripping over his feet, losing the ball, passing to the opposition. A very extreme player in every way.

Woolwich have United, who just conceded 4 to Crystal Palace, then Everton, who coughed up 6 goals last time they were in London. If it is down to goal difference then City are screwed.
I can’t see a realistic scenario where city win it on goal difference. City can only win it on points . People giving too much attention to goal difference.

I think that is due to Haaland being a pure number 9. Put a cross in the box, a lose ball, a ball round the back and he is perhaps the best player in the world. Ask him to drop deep or drop wide and he is tripping over his feet, losing the ball, passing to the opposition. A very extreme player in every way.
Very true. If you don’t play to his strengths then he can’t make much of an impact as he is very limited. Though he is Very good at what he can do. I feel like he would suit liverpools style more than citys. Peps definitely going back & forth on whether he needs a proper number 9. Tried it with zlatan , who like halaand score loads but question marks over his all round contribution so shipped him out. I don’t think pep can decide the ultimate style & set up. Halaand gives them more options & variation but is a downgrade to the fluidity & style of play they like to do. Pro’s & con’s. Interesting what they do in the future. Obviously halaand is young so can work on his all round game & improve in that area.
Also he does have those games in him where he misses everything but then can score 4 the next game.

Expecting Woolwich to hammer a very injury hit & out of form United. I think they will have one on the cup final too. Feels like a significant beating/match in the end for ten Haag as United manager. Hopefully Southgate next!
Citys big banana skin against us to come which is the worry! I think it’s the First time I have wanted us to lose since United away back in the day when Ferdinand put us 1 up.

GNYpeDbXkAAm2k1

v

GNYoT-pWcAACShi

Yeah I am not going to watch Woolwich smash united & act as though it’s United best team.
You can get 1/3 on Woolwich which I think is great odds considering how much weaker Uniteds starting 11 is today.

Back
Top Bottom