Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tend to feel Liverpool got away with it. £100m for Wilson Palacios.

I really liked Caicedo prior to the move and I’m not sure if he’s the problem or Chelsea are the problem. Maybe both.

The 100m tag is just nonsense English transfer market hoodoo but he was really good for Brighton.

Tend to feel that if McAllister and him swapped places they’d both be having very different seasons.

I've never got the hype with Caicedo even when he was at Brighton. Enzo Fernandez being a World Cup winner is obviously considerably better than he's been showing though.

He was good at Brighton. Think BC had it right calling him a ‘busy cunt’ because he was absolutely everywhere. Kante esque in that respect.

I honestly think Enzo is the worse player of the two.

Gusto has been one of their few success stories along with Palmer in regards to all of their signings.
Both Gusto and Palmer's fees were pretty spot on and they've both more than justified them in these initial phases. And remember, Gusto was only supposed to be backup to sicknote James.

I expect Jackson and Fofana to be good if he can stay healthy (big ask at this point). Disasi has been useful for them as well. But neither Caicedo nor Enzo should have been purchased for those fees...even half of those fees.

Both Gusto and Palmer's fees were pretty spot on and they've both more than justified them in these initial phases. And remember, Gusto was only supposed to be backup to sicknote James.

I expect Jackson and Fofana to be good if he can stay healthy (big ask at this point). Disasi has been useful for them as well. But neither Caicedo nor Enzo should have been purchased for those fees...even half of those fees.

Palmer was underpriced. Absolute bargain.

Doubt i'm the only person to mention this, but Almiron always reminds me of Mauser from Police Academy

EbsknOgXQAAs2nM.jpg

Palmer was underpriced. Absolute bargain.
It's like this is a setup...

Show me where you or anyone else said this in the summer and I'll go along...pretty sure folks were laughing at them spending 40M on an academy kid.

that said, his game still needs to mature before you go all Deuterz for him.

Pickford/Maignan - Not much in it. Neither are top class. Draw.

Walker/Pavard - Different profile of full-back. But Walker, just.
Stones/Konate - Different strengths again. But I'm taking Stones all day.
Maguire/Saliba - Saliba, just about. (obviously a joke)
Shaw/Hernandez - Not much in it as Shaw plays well for England. But Hernandez.

Rice/Camavinga - Both excellent. Draw.
Bellingham/Rabiot - Bellingham. Different style of midfielder but definitely better.
Foden/Greizmann - Draw. Both at different stages of their careers. Foden almost 10 years younger.

Rashford/Mbappe - Rashford is the poor man's Mbappe. So Mbappe by a mile.
Saka/Coman - Saka is better. Though not by much.
Kane/Giroud - I think Giroud has always been a bit under-rated, but obviously Kane.

So I make that 5 players for England, 3 for France and 3 draws.
All well and good but we know Henderson is getting in over Foden….

He was good at Brighton. Think BC had it right calling him a ‘busy cunt’ because he was absolutely everywhere. Kante esque in that respect.
Sure, but the problem with this is that he's neither as intelligent nor as effective as Kante. When Kante did something unorthodox he still came away with the ball/stop the move.

Caicedo tackles back towards his goal and is often unsuccessful which leaves him out of position...which is one of his major faults anyway...often behind play because he's too busy reacting instead of reading.

I could go on but I'm sure you're still digesting that VVD stuff from today.:sonpoint:

All well and good but we know Henderson is getting in over Foden….

Yeah, it's definitely not what Southgate will pick. But it does show that there really isn't much between the two 11's. Someone else may pick one or two more French players than I did, but it would still be close. France just have a much stronger selection of centre-backs, and they obviously know how to win things.

Kinda feels like Newcastle ae going through the motions a it. Can't see Howe being there next season. Think they'll look at a higher profile manager, a Mourinho or a Tuchel.

Great hit by Palmer. What a season he's having in an average side.

Back
Top Bottom