Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who was it Sarr, who gave up pretty much the exact same penalty within the last year?

Away against Saints?

Having already had 2 good goals disallowed and a gimme penalty waved off?

.....Leading to a 3-3 draw that made our manager throw a wobbler and run back to Italy crying?

..........Yeh; I vaguely remember that.

That blatant red in the B&HA v NF game is exactly the same as the one Dunk got away with against us.

Clear as day.

Only 4 games will be played in the Premier League next weekend because of the FA cup. The people who make the schedule are fucktards. To postpone the cup games would be the natural thing to do. The fact that there is an international break after the weekend doesn't make matters any better.

i

NO FOUL.:var:
Whats this got to do with my post? That also should have been a red card. The refs are shit I don't understand your point.

Only 4 games will be played in the Premier League next weekend because of the FA cup. The people who make the schedule are fucktards. To postpone the cup games would be the natural thing to do. The fact that there is an international break after the weekend doesn't make matters any better.
At least we get to play.
I've noticed that the FA Cup semi finals will be played on the weekend 20/21 April, when we are due to play Man City. If City beat Newcastle in the cup this weekend, our league game will have to be rescheduled.

At least we get to play.
I've noticed that the FA Cup semi finals will be played on the weekend 20/21 April, when we are due to play Man City. If City beat Newcastle in the cup this weekend, our league game will have to be rescheduled.

Likely to be placed midweek between Burnley and Sheffield Utd imo. We

If Chelsea win at the weekend, that means they'll have to fit in our game, their game with Woolwich and the game with Brighton (that'll be postponed by FA Cup semi) somewhere.

Possible they may have to play four games in a week which may end up benefitting us.

That blatant red in the B&HA v NF game is exactly the same as the one Dunk got away with against us.

Clear as day.
I'm pretty sure we've tried this "cry about every call thing, be cunts" with Mourinho and Conte.

It feels like with Ange its more "Yeah, we'll get some calls against us, just play on, focus on what we do and we'll win anyway".

I'm all for it. At least at this stage it's all about us and how we progress. Fuck the little things!

I'm pretty sure we've tried this "cry about every call thing, be cunts" with Mourinho and Conte.

It feels like with Ange its more "Yeah, we'll get some calls against us, just play on, focus on what we do and we'll win anyway".

I'm all for it. At least at this stage it's all about us and how we progress. Fuck the little things!

I'm not "crying".... My point wasn't even to bemoan our luck in it not being given.....

Just a) noting the coincidence of both challenges being by momentum stoppers by Brighton players and b) to underline that there's some blatantly really shitty challenges being brushed off.

I'm not "crying".... My point wasn't even to bemoan our luck in it not being given.....

Just a) noting the coincidence of both challenges being by momentum stoppers by Brighton players and b) to underline that there's some blatantly really shitty challenges being brushed off.
No no I agree with you!

I just meant that even though it may be so, I enjoy our team just moving on without seemingly caring too much about it.

Ah, it's the slightly odd "Little Teeth" derby tonight!

Both Poch and Eddie Howe have unsettlingly weird small teeth...
23e0fbec92281b52c53c65b5df25b4c0Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjcyNDgzNjEx-2.70377126.jpg

pochettinoback-371817.jpg

The polar opposite of Klopp and Rob Beckett if you will!!

Last edited:
No no I agree with you!

I just meant that even though it may be so, I enjoy our team just moving on without seemingly caring too much about it.

Yeh... I tend to think that unless you're one of the anointed (like Fergie or Klopp) you'll just rub up the powers that be the wrong way.

Yeh... I tend to think that unless you're one of the anointed (like Fergie or Klopp) you'll just rub up the powers that be the wrong way.
Certainly, look at how petty so many of refs are at even sunday league level.

I have throughout my career (youth football and sunday league haha) treated referees very kindly, and just told them "hey look, he pulls my shirt every time, but yeah I understand it's not easy to see, oh well", they tend to look favourably at you come second half.

It's not really something I've done with intention, it's more my indidual response to dealing with people. Try to tell them when you are not ok with something but in a very "I'm not aggressive" way.

Certainly, look at how petty so many of refs are at even sunday league level.

I have throughout my career (youth football and sunday league haha) treated referees very kindly, and just told them "hey look, he pulls my shirt every time, but yeah I understand it's not easy to see, oh well", they tend to look favourably at you come second half.

It's not really something I've done with intention, it's more my indidual response to dealing with people. Try to tell them when you are not ok with something but in a very "I'm not aggressive" way.
I misread that as "pretty" ... puts a totally different meaning on your post!!!

I misread that as "pretty" ... puts a totally different meaning on your post!!!
I mean it could be. If your interpretation of pretty is a 57 year old fat,short and very hairy turkish man, I say you are golden.

They will go skins as a ref if the wheather is nice, why not, they decide the rules! I'm all for it, if you're nice enough you might be getting a free shisha and kebops after the game.

Yeah, but this is why they tell you not to run with scissors...also the reason why you shouldn't wave you boot around at chest height in the box. I'd be furious if it wasn't given for us...in fact, I'm furious it wasn't given for the integrity of the game.
Yeah he couldn’t have complained if it was given. Like sticking out a leg & then the attacker deliberately trips over your leg. It’s your own fault for dangling out your leg. You know attackers will try to take advantage of it.
But I still want it to naturally be a foul rather than the attacker unnaturally manufacturing it. I have probably explained it poorly!

Firstly we have to beat Fulham & Luton, if we do it could get interesting. I can't see City winning easily against woolwich, City don't look amazing plus woolwich have had ridiculous luck in both games v City this season so probably will be more confident of getting a result I think it could be a draw.

Woolwich as usual have had ridiculous amounts of luck which is very frustrating. Liverpool also had a lot of luck this season. Just hoping we cut the gap and stay close if we could go into our games v Woolwich 5-points behind them who knows? City game if they beat Newcastle in the cup will probably be rescheduled to the last week of the season midweek so by then we are out of it or playing City at the right time without having to hope City lose games, while woolwich are still in it I prefer that City and Liverpool don't drop points because us catching up is very unlikely.
None of the top 3 look that good do they. It will be the weakest title winners in quite a long time. But yeah stick with cheering on Liverpool & city until Woolwich can’t win the title. Otherwise it’s too risky to want them both to lose. That’s another reason it’s annoying Woolwich are title contenders every season now. It means we have to cheer on teams like city & Liverpool.
Obviously most important thing is we keep winning. CL qualification looks pretty certain now with the 5th spot looking likely to go to us as well.

Ah, it's the slightly odd "Little Teeth" derby tonight!

Both Poch and Eddie Howe have unsettlingly weird small teeth...
23e0fbec92281b52c53c65b5df25b4c0Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjcyNDgzNjEx-2.70377126.jpg

pochettinoback-371817.jpg

The polar opposite of Klopp and Rob Beckett if you will!!
Eddie Howe's teeth look a bit like Tenniel's illustration of the jabberwocky...

Back
Top Bottom