OTHER MATCHES FRED 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool are a one man outfit, look at them without Coutinho - Bournemouth' West Ham and Everton they were absolutely Toilet..
They had a good start because they had no European games to worry about. They will not win the league, that I am certain.. think they may get top 4 though..

No that makes him a consistent non-scorer!

Ain't it marvellous - you make one comment about not wanting a player at Spurs and the Chuckle Brothers jump in quoting stat after stat about this and that as though no one else is allowed an opinion.
I wouldn't want him at Spurs because at Β£150k a week I think that's beyond laughable and also I hate his antics. Glad we dodged him to be honest.

I tend to make a judgement by watching the game instead of thinking the be all and end all is what's written on a bit of paper by some spotty teenage kid..

A player can play crap all game but knock a 1 yard open goal tap in and on paper that looks like he had a great game,

Last edited:
Ain't it marvellous - you make one comment about not wanting a player at Spurs and the Chuckle Brothers jump in quoting stat after stat about this and that as though no one else is allowed an opinion.
I wouldn't want him at Spurs because at Β£150k a week I think that's beyond laughable and also I hate his antics. Glad we dodged him to be honest.

I tend to make a judgement by watching the game instead of thinking the be all and end all is what's written on a bit of paper by some spotty teenage kid..

A player can play crap all game but knock a 1 yard open goal tap in and on paper that looks like he had a great game,
You're entitled to your opinion about not wanting him here but stats do not back up your judgement that he is inconsistent.

In fact, i had already moved on and it was you that quoted my post about Mane scoring even though it was in no way linked to your post or opinion that you do not want him here.

Fact is, it looks very much like our manager wanted him so for that i am dissapointed we didn't get him.

Last edited:
Btw he also had 10 goals and 3 assists in 24 starts (and 6 sub appearances) in the 2014/15 season.

So thats 29 league goals and 13 assists in 70 starts and 13 sub appearances since coming to the premiership.

You're entitled to your opinion about not wanting him here but stats do not back up your judgement that he is inconsistent.

In fact, i had already moved on and it was you that quoted my post about Mane scoring even though it was in no way linked to your post or opinion that you do not want him here.

Fact is, it looks very much like our manager wanted him so for that i am dissapointed we didn't get him.

As I said, stats and reality are not the same.. I watch him ponce about the pitch waiting for someone to pass to him.. Just because a bit of paper says he did this or did that doesn't mean I have to rate him, I have my own eyes and would rather use them than a table with squiggly lines n it.
It's not just about his game it's about his wage demands and his constant diving and cheating that I make judgement on.,
My first comment was " I would not want him at Spurs" I stick by that comment on no stat from Goal.com or the daily mail will change that.

Last edited:
Stats aren't great at showing the consistency of a player.

You could throw up a guy scoring 20 goals in a 38 game season and claim how on earth can a 20 goal striker be inconsistent. But if he got those in the first 20 games, then he'd be inconsistent.

Streaky players are inconsistent. Defoe is one such player. His overall statistics are great, but he goes through many quiet periods.

Inconsistent players can still be good players, mind.

Mane has scored against Woolwich, LCFC , Hull, WBA, Watford, Bournemouth and Everton.
Failed to score v Spurs, Man U and Chelsea
He's scored once against teams in the top 6 yet they haven't played Man City yet.

Back
Top Bottom