OTHER MATCHES FRED 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reported by who??
After we played Liverpool this season Poch said: “We need a player that is more direct, a player that is more aggressive and offensive. We have a player like Eriksen or Son or Lamela that are players who like to play into feet. Some characteristics like that we see today from Liverpool. Mane, this type of player that can be offensive.”

After we played Liverpool this season Poch said: “We need a player that is more direct, a player that is more aggressive and offensive. We have a player like Eriksen or Son or Lamela that are players who like to play into feet. Some characteristics like that we see today from Liverpool. Mane, this type of player that can be offensive.”

I agree we do need a player LIKE Mane.. For me he is great on his day but those days are not often enough.. he also throws himself about and loves a dive.. My comment was, I wouldn't want him at Spurs, and I stick by that.. if others would like him then that's fine but not for me..

Another result that we shouldn't really give a fuck about. We keep attending to our own affairs then we can't control other results. Couldn't give a shit if one set of scousers kick lumps out of another set of Scousers for 98 minutes of otherwise dull football. New philosophy here. Tend to our own results & worry about our performances. Not everybody else's. I love football generally but I am stopping looking at tables, permutations & goal differences as best I can from now on.

We have to accept that if Liverpool -or any of the 4 suspects wanted a player we wanted - that 9/10 x they would choose Liverpool
Whether it be the wages or the idea that they may win more, which is understandable.
Mane would never have been at Southampton if we would have wanted him.
We are in a difficult situation as break the wage structure and it gets out of control.
Unfortunately Liverpool have globa appeal and more money from it. The type of fans where 3 brother support Liverpool Man U and Woolwich from oldest to youngest.
I am afraid the times of paying unsustainable wages -buying them houses, cars for the dads and sun beds for their sister are gone.
The wage bill has to be controlled , especially now. we pay over 50% of our total income (52%) on wages, 4&3% behind Liverpool and Woolwich.
To match them we''d probably have to spend at least 70% as Liverpool earn around £100m more than us and Woolwich just under £155m more.
It's not sustainable.
Otherwise Liverpool would have been spending more than 56%

Horrible game of football to watch - Championship level.

Not really sure what Koeman's tactics were though, seems like he just wanted to stop Liverpool winning as opposed to wanting his team to win as someone said. Lukaku is horrendous without any support, his second touch was always a tackle tonight. The less said about Barkley the better. It's a great win for Liverpool, no where near their best yet picking up all 3 points right at the death away from home against your rivals, it doesn't get much better then that.

1 win against Liverpool in 10 years for Everton. Jesus.

Liverpool are complete garbage.

I think Liverpool are missing coutinho and Matip badly... They play the best when those 2 are on the field.
Everton are so irrelevant, I hope they get relegated, can't believe I watched that shit for 98 minutes

Liverpool's magic man Mane will be off for the AfCON in January, so much less firepower.

The other two will be distracted by the CL.

So, other than Chelsea, we have a good chance to leapfrog into top 4. Beating United also helps a lot.

Back
Top Bottom