Olympique de Marseille VS Tottenham Hotspur. Tuesday 1st November. UEFA Champions League. 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fireworks Night came early.

Marseille Fireworks Displays = 2:00am, 3:00am, 4:00am, 5:00am, 7:00pm, 8:45pm...

giphy.gif

Spurs Fireworks Display - 90mins + 5...

giphy.gif

We're going to get dicked in the next round against some tough opposition, a bit of me thinks it might have been better to drop to the Europa.

If only we can even out second half performances into the first half shit shows...

I am glad we're through tho but Christ on a bike, it's not a sustainable way forward.

Play Brian Gil Messi and not Royal. What do we have to do!

Do these results and performances mean that levy will get his cheque book out in January? We got Kulu and Bentancur last time, more of that pls!

We're going to get dicked in the next round against some tough opposition, a bit of me thinks it might have been better to drop to the Europa.

If only we can even out second half performances into the first half shit shows...

I am glad we're through tho but Christ on a bike, it's not a sustainable way forward.

Do these results and performances mean that levy will get his cheque book out in January? We got Kulu and Bentancur last time, more of that pls!
Strange post.

"We're going to get dicked in the next round.. " -

Maybe, or maybe not. Who's better on a one off than Conte? No team we can't beat.

"Play Gil and not Royal?"

Strange timing for that one, and comparing apples to oranges. Are You sure Gil would have contributed to the comeback yesterday, in the same way that Royal did? Royal had an excellent energy and effort last night, and was vital for the turnaround

Last edited:

Why can’t you just have a positive outlook ? We’ve done very well this season, there is no indication that we would ‘get dicked’ in the next round.

I really don’t understand people like you

Potential opponents aren’t that outstanding, we miss all of the clear favourites.

But it wasn't tactics, it was fear of failure

Who instils fear of failure as a managerial concept? If you are too scared to fail then you become too scared to try.

You are attacking the right source but for the wrong reasons
Fear and tactics. Fear instilled by tactics. If your keeper and defence rent solid, you will drop back to protect them which causes problems for you, the defence and the team as a whole.

Strange post.

"We're going to get dicked in the next round.. " -

Maybe, or maybe not. Who's better on a one off than Conte? No team we can't beat.

"Play Gil and not Royal?"

Strange timing for that one, and comparing apples to oranges. Are You sure Gil would have contributed to the comeback yesterday, in the same way that Royal did? Royal had aGiln excellent energy and effort last night, and was vital for the turnaround
Really, I think he was better than normal and in a sea of underperforming players he looked less of a liability - comparatively.
Gil is not the answer

Really hope that this is a momentous result for the club and, especially, Conte.

Just the finances alone; if this means we can buy one or two players in January that will fit his system then at least we can see his style of play in genuine effect.

At the moment, it almost feels like we’re playing with one hand tied behind our back.

That winner was massive.
Bruges, Inter or Leipzig looks a lot better than Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Napoli or PSG.

Back
Top Bottom