Olympique de Marseille VS Tottenham Hotspur. Tuesday 1st November. UEFA Champions League. 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, that something.

I definitely swore at every single Spurs player. Injuries are playing a part in our poor performances. It's actually pretty remarkable we are still winning without key players.

I think Kulu and Richarlison will make a big difference in our team performances when they come back into the squad.

That's 2 games where we have shown fight and a never give up attitude. Compare that to us throwing in the towel against Woolwich after 60 minutes just a few weeks ago.

Encouraging signs on the mental strength and confidence of the squad.

Son going off after 30 minutes was probably a blessing - he'd touched the ball only 6 times.

Good to see Bissouma step up - he touched the ball more than any other spurs player and played the most passes despite playing only 60 minutes.

Kane is losing the ball far too much. He needs to work on either passing the ball quicker or, drawing a foul.

But it wasn't tactics, it was fear of failure

Who instils fear of failure as a managerial concept? If you are too scared to fail then you become too scared to try.

You are attacking the right source but for the wrong reasons

Conte does

He doesn’t trust a lot of our team (quite rightly) so it’s all ultra cautious early on then he has a reset at ht

We then change shape 2nd half and a different Spurs emerge

Usually we get away with it but against a decent side like the Scum and Yanited we don’t

Will be very interesting to see how we set up against the Dippers

Flicked through the thread after the result.................

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

Idiot Facepalm GIF

Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

Frustrated Christine Baranski GIF
Been out of action all day , can’t be bothered to catch up , sounds like it was the usual rollercoaster looking at the above . Shame I missed it , I have been known to melt

Last edited:
Bentancur is literally holding him up!!

you can't say that, it's 2022!!!

Oh, no, on closer inspection, it actually does look pretty bad!

Sorry!
I meant literally, that Sonny seems to have swelling on his cheek or the side of his face which is why he doesn’t look so good.

I don’t think this thread was off the rails. The first half it was a totally understandable reaction to one of the worst halves of football in recent memory. A few said “game over” but most just lamented poor play while still holding out hope. Luckily that hope proved sure and everyone was happy in the end. Don’t really blame the doubters all that much, it looked like a royal bottle job and hopeless at the break. (Looked)

Gil has to have the least time on pitch per Tottenham goal.

We keep subbing him on at 90+ and then keep scoring.

Play the kid earlier! He’s already got the celebrations down!

I heard it as more the second one-- not that they were playing not to lose, but that they didn't know how to play. Sounds like they were missing Conte more than anything else. Credit to them for finding a way forward for the 2nd half.
That's also concerning, to have world class coach but after a year they have not established the way to play. Does it always have to be "adapt to the other team football"? I thought Conte drilled the players so they could run his patterns in their sleep. Still, in the first half they didn't know how to make a pass, play the ball out of defence, take a run without him on the line.

I don't know, but maybe my interpretation was wrong.

Last edited:
The team looked gassed, as I don’t support Sodium Bicarbonate as a pH buffer, talked about Flaxoil.

When I was a kid, my mate was epic at cross country, but his physique did nothing to justify why. He was a stocky, short kid, but he could run and run and run and run…

Later, when I learned about the implications of good oils coating key parts of the body (Flax also enhances your Goblet/SalIva cells to produce healthful Mucins (mucous), thought back to the kid, and he loved Tuna, always had it… it was the Omega3…

Its pertinent to this team, as if we cede possession and need to run 10-20% more than the oppo… big lungs… Conte should tell scouts to only shortlist oily fish eaters! (Well rather, get a much higher amount into the squad, as they look like collectively falling into respiratory malfunction, to me).
What do you do for a living?

Nobody said it was easy...

As an alternative to booing, this could be the chant at the end of every single f**king first half:

...maybe just the wailing bit at the end of the song - AAAAAOOOOOOOOOO - OOOOOO - OOOOOOO - OOOOOOO - OOOOOOO

AAAAAOOOOOOOOOO - OOOOOO - OOOOOOO - OOOOOOO - OOOOOOO

AAAAAOOOOOOOOOO - OOOOOO - OOOOOOO - OOOOOOO - OOOOOOO

It’s all bollocks tbh. He doesn’t give a toss. We play bad and win people are happy and conte keeps doing the sane shite. Okay bad and lose conte says he needs a zillion pounds to spend to compete with farmers league level teams. As every team we play looks a million times better at football than we do. It’s got to be deliberate to make us play the worst football we have ever seen on a consistent basis considering we actually do have some good players who could play much better football than what’s been served up.
3rd in the League, through to the knockout round of the Champions League in 12 months since he's been here, first away win in Europe for 7 matches or so yet he 'doesn't give a toss'.

Does anything please you?

Back
Top Bottom