Olympique de Marseille VS Tottenham Hotspur. Tuesday 1st November. UEFA Champions League. 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still getting over Hoj’s goal tbh, I’m not his biggest fan but wow what a fucking finish from just outside the box. Easier 1v1s have been missed.

It reminded me a bit of Michael Owen's against Poch's Argentina in the 1998 WC...

....and people are still going on about that!

This'll be talked about til the weekend at best!

Not quite.
€15m for being in the group. Plus coefficient payment. For spurs that’s around $15m
€9.4 m performance bonus from group stages. (3 wins at €2.8m each and 0.9m for the draw.)
Around €10m for group of 16. Same for qf. Goes up about €15m for semis. €20m runners up. €30m winners.
Plus country pool - don’t know what that will be till the end but spurs will get a minimum of around €10m for that.

That’s off the top off my head - I’ll have to double check the exact amounts.
There are probably also several sponsor bonuses triggered by reaching the knockouts.

Pepe le Pew absolutely steaming behind him.
There was one happy Frenchman behind him though...

Fgg3SpzXgAAM8Qs

Not quite.
€15m for being in the group. Plus coefficient payment. For spurs that’s around $15m
€9.4 m performance bonus from group stages. (3 wins at €2.8m each and 0.9m for the draw.)
Around €10m for group of 16. Same for qf. Goes up about €15m for semis. €20m runners up. €30m winners.
Plus country pool - don’t know what that will be till the end but spurs will get a minimum of around €10m for that.

That’s off the top off my head - I’ll have to double check the exact amounts.
Still very worthwhile
- €39.4m for our efforts in the Group stages
- €10m+ for county pool
- €xm for progress to last 15 or further

So circa €50m in the bag already.

The second half until 80th was the most courage and poise I’ve seen since Poch left. We almost shit the bed at the end but man we were so good most of the second half.

Nah that's BS. The first half was and is unacceptable Lenglet even told us the reason and if anything it makes it worse. Bournemouth are shit and guess what so are Marseille. We need to bin the total lack of ambition and fear, and try to keep the ball and assert our creativity.

Simply focusing on shape is cowardly and counterproductive as is worrying that someone will call you a 'melt' if you point this out. I'm big enough to handle that.

Better sides will do to us what United Woolwich and Newcastle and Chelsea did. I'm not sticking my head in the sand.

It's deeper than "Conte's telling them to play like pussys"......

That's not what's happening.

Sorry but it is the same old every single game. Painful to watch, riding our luck and we will inevitably concede the first goal.
How on earth can people call Conte an elite manager if he can't adapt and set up our team differently to this?!
No idea what his up to. Yes we get some results but I don’t think that is down any tactical genius. We have lost games the sane way we have won some. He really is baffling and winding up a large section of the fan base with his play selections and tactical setup. It’s almost as if his enjoying it making us look crap.

We’re just so passive

It’s weird because Contes comments make it sound like he doesn’t like us playing like this
It’s all bollocks tbh. He doesn’t give a toss. We play bad and win people are happy and conte keeps doing the sane shite. Okay bad and lose conte says he needs a zillion pounds to spend to compete with farmers league level teams. As every team we play looks a million times better at football than we do. It’s got to be deliberate to make us play the worst football we have ever seen on a consistent basis considering we actually do have some good players who could play much better football than what’s been served up.

Back
Top Bottom