Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really nice performance today, much more in line with what we saw from him when he was playing quite well for portions under Nuno and Conte. Hope he can keep it up, he’ll never be a star but I think he’s a good bench option to have when in form.

He had a very good game. Worked extremely hard for the team, didn't put a foot wrong and made a few incisive passes.

Anyone who's got it in for him need to go and fuck themselves.

I know it’s against the grain but I quite like Skipp. Sure he’s got limitations but I also think he has been poorly managed and coached. Since that year away at Norwich where he bossed the division he’s been really badly developed by consecutive managers. If he was somewhere like Brighton they’d be a queue of clubs trying to get him and we would be one of them because he’d be a much better player than he is now. Not sure that’s his fault.

I know it’s against the grain but I quite like Skipp. Sure he’s got limitations but I also think he has been poorly managed and coached. Since that year away at Norwich where he bossed the division he’s been really badly developed by consecutive managers. If he was somewhere like Brighton they’d be a queue of clubs trying to get him and we would be one of them because he’d be a much better player than he is now. Not sure that’s his fault.
That, my friend, is know n as damning with faint praise.

I'll stick my head above the parapet for Skippy again and say that I think he's a good player, underrated by some clueless knobs on here (you know who you are) and a valuable member of the matchday squad. I like him.

Good shift today, he needs to play every week, but I just don’t see him getting that here.

He could stay here as a squad player or go somewhere and play every week. It’s up to him really.
Think you hit the nail on the head! He is a decent player and likely could start for a team wanting to finish 10-15th in the league. But I just don’t think he has enough “it” factor for what we need now! If he is happy to play the odd minute here and there then fine. But I don’t think he will ever be a permanent fixture in the team

credit where its due he done well today. skipp and PEH dont have the mobility to play in midfield in this system and the team will be weaker because of it, but they do give 100%.

biggest compliment you can give skipp is even though he might not be good enough ability wise. his mentality is good. hes not cut from the same cloth as some of the 'spursy' players weve had before who melt under the slightest bit of heat, he will bite down and keep going.

Fewest number of touches and passes of any player on the pitch (including the keepers). Seems his role was as a terrier off the ball to cut out passing lanes and over load the midfield.

Given his lack of touches (and our very high possession numbers) I can only assume his role was too drag there midfielders around to make space for our other players - rather than being an option on the ball.

Back
Top Bottom