Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
Seems a likeable guy & not someone who you wouldn’t want around. Let’s see what he can do, good start so far!

Bergwijn mentioned we are doing double sessions so fitness wise we will be back to where we were under Poch peak fitness wise, but we won't press as aggressively as we did under him, so in theory we should be able to go for longer, maybe that's why we are ending games strong

Last edited:
I have to completely disagree with the top Tweet, we weren't playing an Asymmetrical back 3!!! It was a 4-3-3 and a fairly rigid and very narrow one at that! If there was some evidence to this then why not screenshot Tanganga in those advanced positions, instead, it shows the opposite with Reggie pushed up!!

When you play such an extremely narrow front 3, it means there is a huge hole of space in front of the FB's, during the cause of the game and playing on the counter it's going to happen that the FB's are going to find themselves in that space.
One thing I really liked, and you touched on it previously, was that our pressing was so much better. We weren't running around aimlessly trying to press their CB's.
We were happy to wait and there were clear traps laid down the wing that as soon as the ball was moved there we sprung.

One thing I really liked, and you touched on it previously, was that our pressing was so much better. We weren't running around aimlessly trying to press their CB's.
We were happy to wait and there were clear traps laid down the wing that as soon as the ball was moved there we sprung.
Hallmark of a modern coach.

It is far easier, efficient, and more effective to trap when you have the boundary line doing half your work for you.

100% Properly co-ordinated with the triggers all understood by the players. All that said and done pressing can't be achieved without the fitness, it's absolutely knackering to do (even when done with coordination) and the lads were able to do it almost all game (within their allotted spells). This puts the biggest smile on my face, we will compete better this term because of it.

I wonder what the 47.6% are waiting for before committing to Nuno.....

"I'll support him once we've won the League title"
"sixth or seventh choice - he's got a lot prove"
"What has he won?... show me the trophies"
"I could only back a Manager that is clean shaven"
"I don't like his silly name - sounds too similar to the Teletubbies NOO NOO"
"don't like anything Portuguese since having a dodgy Piri Piri in Nandos"

Rather perversely I've always assumed that you back the manager of the team you support until he proves that you should do otherwise.

Ladies, gentleman and gentlefolk....

We have Nuno Cam.

EDIT: Nuno's reaction to the goal is even better when you can see Pep freeze up like he locked eyes with Medusa in the background.

Love the bit where he went to run his hands through his hair, in despair, after Stevie B's miss, but it wasn't there anymore. lol

And where's Paratici / Hitchen cam?

Need it.

Rather perversely I've always assumed that you back the manager of the team you support until he proves that you should do otherwise.
Even more perverse is that the big mouths yelling at us to back Nuno will be the first cunts grabbing the poor blokes throat and demanding his sacking when results start turning to shit.

Then they'll praise Levy for pulling the trigger.

It's a well trodden path, my friend

Back
Top Bottom