Njie Clinton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yay. We've got the Cameroonian Townsend.

Yay!

Well done Levy and particuarly thanks to Mr Baldini. This shows we are a serious club with top 4 pretensions. I'm very proud.

Where did I say we don't need a striker?

My point is dickheads like you are always wise in hindsight no matter what the club do.

Practically no Spurs fan has a clue whether Clinton Njie will or would be any good for us.......but no doubt you'll be an expert on him no time if he either joins and is shit or goes somewhere else and is brilliant.

There's no hindsight in knowing that we're a striker light. It's practically been known since the end of the season.

I still think he'll join but yup, no one knows if he'll be any good but options are better than none imho

CMcOJk-WsAASNpg.jpg

Happy Birthday and welcome to the best club in the world.
Everything about him says fast, even the hair.

For all your protestations in defence of Levy, we are the only club in Premier League history to only have 1 recognised striker going into their second league game.

Don't Man U only have Rooney (Hernandez is out like adebyour)
And Woolwich only have Giroud( no matter how much he wants to be a striker, Walcott is still a winger)

Where did I say we don't need a striker?

My point is dickheads like you are always wise in hindsight no matter what the club do.

Practically no Spurs fan has a clue whether Clinton Njie will or would be any good for us.......but no doubt you'll be an expert on him no time if he either joins and is shit or goes somewhere else and is brilliant.
Only a real goose would think we don't need strikers!

.......all for a player that about 95% of us have never seen play more than once.

I think that goes for most of his Lyon team mates too actually...48 appearances in 3 seasons

:saha:

One thing Im absolutely certain of though is he has to be a step up from Lamela, Townsend and Chadli.
Surely he can make a decision faster than 10 seconds on the ball?
Surely he can pass?
Surely, sometimes he can beat his man?

Chadli has a commendable goal tally. Take that out and whats left? Not a whole lot really, so while I wont be demanding 15 plus goals from Njie, I will be expecting him to be a better football player. Or whats the point?

Here´s hoping, and welcome to Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom