New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The basher tarrs or the Don cheadles

518050_1.1.jpg

Hey folks, haven't been here in ages so apologies if this has been discussed many times before...

I'm wondering what the plans for the new stadium are in terms of distribution of tickets/fans. It's obvious that West Ham have completely fucked this up, families with kids are in with the hardcore fans, fans who used to stand together all game are now all spread out and are mixed up with those who want to sit, and there is no real segregation between the home and away fans. On top of that the stewarding seems totally ineffective. They're already fighting amongst themselves, so it's gonna be a disaster (or right tasty depending on your point of view) when Spurs and Chelsea come to visit!

I know that Spurs fan groups like 1882 and such have been lobbying for an Ultras style section for the hardcore fans, just wondering if anything has come of it?

Hey folks, haven't been here in ages so apologies if this has been discussed many times before...

I'm wondering what the plans for the new stadium are in terms of distribution of tickets/fans. It's obvious that West Ham have completely fucked this up, families with kids are in with the hardcore fans, fans who used to stand together all game are now all spread out and are mixed up with those who want to sit, and there is no real segregation between the home and away fans. On top of that the stewarding seems totally ineffective. They're already fighting amongst themselves, so it's gonna be a disaster (or right tasty depending on your point of view) when Spurs and Chelsea come to visit!

I know that Spurs fan groups like 1882 and such have been lobbying for an Ultras style section for the hardcore fans, just wondering if anything has come of it?
Think the new South stand is being set up for the more, shall we say, rowdier fan...

Nothing confirmed though? They say the big terraced section is designed to generate atmosphere, which is great in theory, but it will still need the right types of fans there, who will need to be policed a bit more.... diplomatically shall we say. I just worry that deep down Levy and the suits don't trust those "types" of fans and will not sanction a proper ultras section like we see at Dortmund and other great European grounds. Hope at least they are watching and learning from the monumental disaster unfolding at the Reader's Wives Arena.

Back
Top Bottom