New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fans will be able to buy a ticket for both games. Sales of Food & Drink during the gap between games will be massive. A true Levy money maker.

It's been done before both at the London Olympics and the Glasgow Commonwealth games. Worked at both as a "Gamesmaker". Two sessions, afternoon and evening, two separate tickets. Everyone from the early session had to be out at a set time, stadium was then cleaned and security swept before opening up again for the evening sessions. Absolute fucking nightmare. And that was at the OS and at Hampden where there was space around the stadiums and public transport to move people quickly.

There's just no way anything remotely similar can happen in N17. You'd need the High Road shut for basically the duration of the day, public transport running additional services throughout the day - not to mention the different broadcasters setting up different cameras and positions. Theoretically stadium wise, the pitch might be able to slide back in enough time for two games to take place but in reality considering all the other logistics, can never happen IMO.

It's been done before both at the London Olympics and the Glasgow Commonwealth games. Worked at both as a "Gamesmaker". Two sessions, afternoon and evening, two separate tickets. Everyone from the early session had to be out at a set time, stadium was then cleaned and security swept before opening up again for the evening sessions. Absolute fucking nightmare. And that was at the OS and at Hampden where there was space around the stadiums and public transport to move people quickly.

There's just no way anything remotely similar can happen in N17. You'd need the High Road shut for basically the duration of the day, public transport running additional services throughout the day - not to mention the different broadcasters setting up different cameras and positions. Theoretically stadium wise, the pitch might be able to slide back in enough time for two games to take place but in reality considering all the other logistics, can never happen IMO.
Exactly what I was thinking. Didn't think about the cameras though.
Levy's words:
“It wouldn't be absolutely out of the question. I don't think you'd want to do it on a regular basis, but on a unique feature, that might be a really interesting idea.”

“I don't think it's something we'd want to try our first game, but that is certainly realistic. How exciting the idea of having the two biggest leagues in the world from a television perspective - fantastic - play on the same day.”

I think it was more of a theoretical statement.

You can drink booze in your seat whilst watching Yankball.

That as far as I can see is the only benefit.

Not quite, also some cheerleaders and barbecue

200w.gif

giphy.gif

Anybody got any info about the new NFL team? I'm assuming the name will be "Knights", since the other things that Americans associate with Britain (Kings and Wizards) are already team names in the other major sports.

You can drink booze in your seat whilst watching Yankball.

That as far as I can see is the only benefit.
Every once in a while some dude gets wrecked and it's awesome.

thenug-MuujSiMbfy.gif

You've also got your amazing runs, your dragons, your cheerleaders, and the sheer spectacle of it all. There's also absurd displays of athleticism like this one:

Anybody got any info about the new NFL team? I'm assuming the name will be "Knights", since the other things that Americans associate with Britain (Kings and Wizards) are already team names in the other major sports.

thenug-MuujSiMbfy.gif

You've also got your amazing runs, your dragons, your cheerleaders, and the sheer spectacle of it all. There's also absurd displays of athleticism like this one:

Sorry, but all of that just leaves me with a very dull 'meh' feeling...

Some 'Murricans just annoy the hell outta me... (and I wrote that in a deliberate 'Murrican accent, just to stress my point!)

origano and alumeinum indeed!

Sorry, but all of that just leaves me with a very dull 'meh' feeling...
I guess it really depends on whether or not you grew up with it. If I hadn't been raised in a latino house/neighborhood I'd probably think that soccer is about as interesting as watching paint dry. I'm sure that at least some of your fellow Englishmen will be curious enough to check out the new team though.
Some 'Murricans just annoy the hell outta me... (and I wrote that in a deliberate 'Murrican accent, just to stress my point!)

origano and alumeinum indeed!
I've never heard anyone pronounce it "origano". Maybe it's a southern thing.

I guess it really depends on whether or not you grew up with it. If I hadn't been raised in a latino house/neighborhood I'd probably think that soccer is about as interesting as watching paint dry. I'm sure that at least some of your fellow Englishmen will be curious enough to check out the new team though.

I've never heard anyone pronounce it "origano". Maybe it's a southern thing.
Really? every food show in America it is pronounced that.

thenug-MuujSiMbfy.gif

Royals?

Back
Top Bottom