New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it's match day revenue that's holding us back, why not stay at WHL but double the ticket prices. That way, only richer supporters could afford to come and we can sell even more highly- priced tat.

Plus we'll get rid of all the undesirables - people who want to stand and sing, younger people, locals on low pay, fans who've been going for years but don't buy stuff etc.

And we could pipe in recorded crowd noise like they do at the Emirates.

It's the future, people.

If it's match day revenue that's holding us back, why not stay at WHL but double the ticket prices. That way, only richer supporters could afford to come and we can sell even more highly- priced tat.

Plus we'll get rid of all the undesirables - people who want to stand and sing, younger people, locals on low pay, fans who've been going for years but don't buy stuff etc.

It's the future, people.

You do realize that several board members are probably thinking along these lines already...

It's the future, people.

We have already reached that point. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction......

From a personal view as an Essex bird, UP or OS would be great, and would definitely be preferable to MK. With regards to WHU having a say whether we can use the OS, I would have thought the landlords would jump at the chance of earning double bubble for the stadium.

From a personal view as an Essex bird, UP or OS would be great, and would definitely be preferable to MK. With regards to WHU having a say whether we can use the OS, I would have thought the landlords would jump at the chance of earning double bubble for the stadium.

The whole of the Olympic Park Legacy (choke) Committee or whatever it's called now have been a total joke from the outset. Huge salaries paid by taxpayers, no real contingency for massive assets paid for by tax payers and, ultimately (tax) subsidising that tin-pot outfit because they agreed to keep the running track so that Lord Coe and his athletics cronies still had a huge stadium that could be used for athletics (maybe even filling it every 20years). Disgusting from start to finish. West Ham have lucked out on tax payers money and, as they will never fill that ground by normal means, can effectively 'give away' 20k+ tickets per game to at least try.
There is no way they should be left with the option to stop us paying to share it for a year. We will never see a return on the money spent on that stadium that we have been taxed for so, why should Scammers benefit at everybody's expense for 99years when Spurs can't pay their way to use a PUBLIC asset for 1-2?

I gather that now the builders of the OS are having financial problems and won't be able to finish the rebuilding without more investment from tax payers ...... absolutely disgraceful if this is true.

However, as well as the prospect of additional time away from White Hart Lane, there is growing acceptance from officials that the stadium project may not be ready to open until 2020-21.

Ha ha fuck you Levy you incompetent piece of shit

I gather that now the builders of the OS are having financial problems and won't be able to finish the rebuilding without more investment from tax payers ...... absolutely disgraceful if this is true.
I think I saw that they have run out of money for the roof, which they have to put on the stadium as a condition of moving there and West Ham can't finance it.

You have a point. But I can completely believe it at the same time. Shambles

You should never believe anything you read in the Mail. I thought that was general common sense. It's a rehashed article with a new spin, simply designed to garner click through traffic on a day the Mail know will be busy with spurs fans checking news now for team news etc.

Back
Top Bottom