New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But they're watching, so
Found this in a Q&A session with the THST and representatives from the club.

Q: It's key that the desire for safe standing is stressed in the single tier stand, so that we can easily respond to any potential change in legislation. As seen in Dortmund's stadium, this would truly add an ever greater USP to the current stadium plans.
A: The single South tier has been designed with safe standing in mind, with the ability to introduce rail seating in the tier should legislation change.

Wembley has a zero tolerance towards persistent standing yet in the 8 times I have been there I haven't witnessed it.

Just thinking about new Wembley ...at the old Wembley 3 disappointments in 9 visits
Woolwich, Coventry, Liverpool.
Yet 7 of the 8 visits at new Wembley have been a disappointment really except the LC win.
Portsmouth, Chelsea and the cunt Atkinson, Chelsea, Man U - Ohara Bentley double act, plus a bottling ref- Monaco, Leverkusen, CSKA non event.

Wembley has a zero tolerance towards persistent standing yet in the 8 times I have been there I haven't witnessed it.

Just thinking about new Wembley ...at the old Wembley 3 disappointments in 9 visits
Yet 7 of the 8 visits at new Wembley have been a disappointment really except the LC win.
Portsmouth, Chelsea and the cunt Atkinson, Chelsea, Man U - Ohara Bentley double act, plus a bottling ref- Monaco, Leverkusen, CSKA non event.

So relegation awaits. We'll be opening the New WHL in the Champo.....should have gone all out for Fonte, we're fucked

You forgot Barcelona

So the club has apparently taken the trouble to replace and renew the flooring in the North stand toilet blocks. Not that I'm a sceptic or conspiracy theorist like, but seems a strange thing to do with only 7 matches left to play ?
edit: for our American friends, toilet blocks = restrooms

Last edited:
So the club has apparently taken the trouble to replace and renew the flooring in the North stand toilet blocks. Not that I'm a sceptic or conspiracy theorist like, but seems a strange thing to do with only 7 matches left to play ?

The new club shop being built next door looks fucking awesome though.

Oh I agree it's probably a stadium. Just wondering wether it looks like we could playing in the old one for another year after all. Seems odd to be refurbishing just for 7 matches

Another year? You think we'll play two seasons at Wembley?

Glad you finally accepted that it's looking increasingly likely Spurs may build a stadium now.

Where were you getting this from? If true it could be a trip hazard situation, in which case seven or 7,000 games to go the'd need to deal with it. All depends, is this just coming from someone at the match on the weekend seeing a cordoned off area and making assumptions then it's going to be nothing.

They also built a brand new staircase from scaffolding next to the East Stand.......would be fit for purpose for 99 years at West Ham......so who knows

Oh I agree it's probably a stadium. Just wondering wether it looks like we could playing in the old one for another year after all. Seems odd to be refurbishing just for 7 matches
To be honest, whilst i am not saying we are staying an extra year..It does seem strange the club are not making a fuss at all considering we are playing the last season in the old place

Where were you getting this from? If true it could be a trip hazard situation, in which case seven or 7,000 games to go the'd need to deal with it. All depends, is this just coming from someone at the match on the weekend seeing a cordoned off area and making assumptions then it's going to be nothing.
First hand info. I haven't been able to get there since September, but a couple I know who went Saturday pointed it out.

It does seem strange the club are not making a fuss at all considering we are playing the last season in the old place
I pointed this out before. The Chelsea game for example. The last ever meeting at WHL between two old and historic rivals. Nothing was made of it. We may have already played our last FA cup tie there. Without even realising it. Does this not seem a bit weird, or am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom