New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough...
Personally, this is how I think it'll work;
ls.jpg

These pictures are quite sad to see. The stadium be it good or bad times has been part of my life. My first match sitting in the old east stand upper on the wooden seats, to being a bit older and ' allowed ' on the shelf, to standing then sitting in the park lane, through to my boys first game in the east upper against Maribor complete with 1882, he is now hooked for life. Funny how I never realised that sat in the corner of the east, Paxton block against Florence would be my last ever.

Oh well upwards and onwards

Every single Spurs fan will feel that way, mate.

I do feel like, It'd be worse if it was 15 odd years ago. Ie. it's somehow made easier by the fact that we've spent a number of year finishing 4th to 6th culminating in pushing at the top last season with a team likely, or at least capable, of pushing again in coming seasons. For me that makes it feel more natural to leave the stadium, we all love, for bigger and better. If we had been finishing 10th or thereabouts for the last five season, it wouldn't feel as much part of our the upwards trajectory, we're on. Obviously can't know that, but how I feel nonetheless.

At least the change is happening while we're on a HIGH... it would be worse if the Stadium's Final few seasons were spent in the doldrums...

Just a thought... now we're "OUT" will that have an impact on the workforce currently demolishing the stadium?

All this guy is doing is showing what the University of Phoenix stadium does. The difference though is there is a huge area outside the stadium that fits the grass. That won't be the case at WHL. Where is the grass going to go if it retracts outside?
It's not retracting outside...it's....

Edit: Very fitting song for today actually...the public gets what the public wants and all that...

All this guy is doing is showing what the University of Phoenix stadium does. The difference though is there is a huge area outside the stadium that fits the grass. That won't be the case at WHL. Where is the grass going to go if it retracts outside?

It goes underground, underneath the stadium. Where else do you think it goes? o_O

didn't know that WHL was officially getting a retractable pitch (

Yeah, it's official. Can't have NFL players on our grass, they'd destroy it, so the pitch retracts.

And if we are, I never heard of where it was going

Thought it was pretty safe to assume it was going underground.

The new Tottenham stadium's retractable pitch is a technical and financial marvel

Here you go =)

"The turf soccer pitch sits in three trays which separate and then slide into a parked position below the south stand and southern podium"

Back
Top Bottom