New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stadium is getting a bloody good hammering...
q4Z0wEv.jpg

IZLu0qd.jpg

fDLRO47.jpg

2OkG8RE.jpg

yuBMD4W.jpg

LRaevXp.jpg

hFQFsbw.jpg

FVh797X.jpg

Nice bit of ITK from Bazza on SSC...
"Well then, news from site today.
Firstly I got talking to a demolition guy who was a (gooner, dammit) he said they won't tell us anything until it's almost too late. So I'm thinking this is the reason many things take a lot of time, the image about this build is almost as important as the build itself.

In the photos you can see they use the blue hopper for doing the columns, the NW static pump is faulty right now and the rate of work on site is well illustrated by the double lift of materials by the crane. Frankly I've never seen a site so busy in so many areas.

Now, here's the fun bit.

Also got talking to another guy who shall remain nameless he is a badged up member of Staff that was at the Emirates build and still has to visit there now and then.

The building is in trouble, (Emirates) one area has had structural repairs done 3 times already and down in the basement there is a lot of cracking going on. In this guys view a major repair job will be needed but he's not an engineer I should stress. So nothing concrete scuuuse the pun.

The only reason he was telling me this is because he was saying how unbelievably thorough Levy is being, saying the people on site have learned from the mistakes at the Emirates and every aspect is being triple checked etc. He was also saying that the design spec is by far the most high tech stadium in the world. (Pinch of salt).

So there you have it. Unproven rumour? yes, so I guess I should say this isn't a proven fact, just say so, but it was a great chat to be having with someone who appeared to have good knowledge of the Emirates."

These pictures are quite sad to see. The stadium be it good or bad times has been part of my life. My first match sitting in the old east stand upper on the wooden seats, to being a bit older and ' allowed ' on the shelf, to standing then sitting in the park lane, through to my boys first game in the east upper against Maribor complete with 1882, he is now hooked for life. Funny how I never realised that sat in the corner of the east, Paxton block against Florence would be my last ever.

Oh well upwards and onwards

Nice bit of ITK from Bazza on SSC...
"Well then, news from site today.
Firstly I got talking to a demolition guy who was a (gooner, dammit) he said they won't tell us anything until it's almost too late. So I'm thinking this is the reason many things take a lot of time, the image about this build is almost as important as the build itself.

In the photos you can see they use the blue hopper for doing the columns, the NW static pump is faulty right now and the rate of work on site is well illustrated by the double lift of materials by the crane. Frankly I've never seen a site so busy in so many areas.

Now, here's the fun bit.

Also got talking to another guy who shall remain nameless he is a badged up member of Staff that was at the Emirates build and still has to visit there now and then.

The building is in trouble, (Emirates) one area has had structural repairs done 3 times already and down in the basement there is a lot of cracking going on. In this guys view a major repair job will be needed but he's not an engineer I should stress. So nothing concrete scuuuse the pun.

The only reason he was telling me this is because he was saying how unbelievably thorough Levy is being, saying the people on site have learned from the mistakes at the Emirates and every aspect is being triple checked etc. He was also saying that the design spec is by far the most high tech stadium in the world. (Pinch of salt).

So there you have it. Unproven rumour? yes, so I guess I should say this isn't a proven fact, just say so, but it was a great chat to be having with someone who appeared to have good knowledge of the Emirates."

I'd be extremely skeptical of structural deficiencies at the emirates. Structural design on the project was done by Buro Happold which is one of the finest structural engineering firms in the world. In fact, the combination of Populous architects and Buro Happold engineers is about as high rent as you can get in the building world. There are firms with slightly higher profiles, but not in the stadia construction world...these two combine to build a significantly large proportion of the major world stadia. It is no shock then that they're the design team behind Northumberland Park. If there were structural faults at the emirates it would be impossible to keep quiet within the industry, and you can guarantee they wouldn't be returning to North London to build for Spurs.

Furthermore, Buro Happold has handled the civil engineering full stop, geotech, general civil, and structural on both projects which eliminates the potential for miscommunication in the design process. I have full faith the emirates is fine and so our new home will be.

As far as Levy being thorough, having been involved in field construction and now engineering I'd say at least 90% of his involvement in the project at this point will simply be client handling from the architect and engineer. Clients always want to think they're in charge of a project and have their hand on the wheel. Mostly you placate them from a business standpoint, have as much patience as possible and try to keep them out of the way. They can overstep their bounds at times, I've been a party to having a Fortune 500 CEO being removed from a project site and reminded that until the last check clears the building did not belong to him.

No offence whatsoever to Levy, or anyone else for that matter. He's a wonderful businessman, I truly believe that and admire him for it, and others. But he's neither an engineer nor a construction professional, I do doubt he knows enough about the project to have any sort of impact on the health of the project. Won't stop him trying though, it's his baby.

Last edited:
These pictures are quite sad to see. The stadium be it good or bad times has been part of my life. My first match sitting in the old east stand upper on the wooden seats, to being a bit older and ' allowed ' on the shelf, to standing then sitting in the park lane, through to my boys first game in the east upper against Maribor complete with 1882, he is now hooked for life. Funny how I never realised that sat in the corner of the east, Paxton block against Florence would be my last ever.

Oh well upwards and onwards
Ha, you mirror my experience almost exactly. First game East Upper me sat on my mates dads knee, my mate on his other knee (don't remember the game, just that it was fucking uncomfortable). Went on the shelf numerous times, nice and early before kick off only to bottle it and end up in the lower tier lol. Felt finally 'part of it' by the age of 16 or so. I am back in East Upper, taken sons, daughters, nices and nephews (all East Upper their 1st games) . In approx. five years it's then the turn of my two grand daughters alas in the new stadium (I am a very, very young Grandad, honest).

I'd be extremely skeptical of structural deficiencies at the emirates. Structural design on the project was done by Buro Happold which is one of the finest structural engineering firms in the world. In fact, the combination of Populous architects and Buro Happold engineers is about as high rent as you can get in the building world. There are firms with slightly higher profiles, but not in the stadia construction world...these two combine to build a significantly large proportion of the major world stadia. It is no shock then that they're the design team behind Northumberland Park. If there were structural faults at the emirates it would be impossible to keep quiet within the industry, and you can guarantee they wouldn't be returning to North London to build for Spurs.

Furthermore, Buro Happold has handled the civil engineering full stop, geotech, general civil, and structural on both projects which eliminates the potential for miscommunication in the design process. I have full faith the emirates is fine and so our new home will be.

As far as Levy being thorough, having been involved in field construction and now engineering I'd say at least 90% of his involvement in the project at this point will simply be client handling from the architect and engineer. Clients always want to think they're in charge of a project and have their hand on the wheel. Mostly you placate them from a business standpoint, have as much patience as possible and try to keep them out of the way. They can overstep their bounds at times, I've been a party to having a Fortune 500 CEO being removed from a project site and reminded that until the last check clears the building did not belong to him.

No offence whatsoever to Levy, or anyone else for that matter. He's a wonderful businessman, I truly believe that and admire him for it, and others. But he's neither an engineer nor a construction professional, I do doubt he knows enough about the project to have any sort of impact on the health of the project. Won't stop him trying though, it's his baby.

I work advising on construction projects - purely from the point of view of what will be most attractive to the end user.

Right throughout the construction process there is always the ability to revise the details of the plans and if the ultimate client decides that the cost of the revision is worth it, then the project manager, architect and contractor just get on with it.

That's all Levy will be doing - refining the plans as new ideas, technologies or expectations from the fans emerge.

I work advising on construction projects - purely from the point of view of what will be most attractive to the end user.

Right throughout the construction process there is always the ability to revise the details of the plans and if the ultimate client decides that the cost of the revision is worth it, then the project manager, architect and contractor just get on with it.

That's all Levy will be doing - refining the plans as new ideas, technologies or expectations from the fans emerge.

Yeah, there's always revisions and change orders on projects, absolutely. I was speaking more to the idea of Levy being on the wheel as far as the thoroughness of the integrity and safety of the design and construction, is all.

Looks like it's full steam ahead.

Boring question alert, but has it been confirmed how we are funding it? Straight up loan? Or are the NFL helping us out a bit?

Just curious to know how long it will take for it to be paid off once complete. I'm sure it's all in hand and forecasted as well as it can be.
we have employed Karen Brady and are gonna put her on the game. People will pay us not to see her fetid putrifying minge

Back
Top Bottom