New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you think it's a good thing Spurs fans a) Rip off it's own supporters b) WHL full of cunts paying £200 for a ticket c) Only a small minority of Spurs fans able to get a ticket?

Unfortunately for you it would appear that it is you that has to suck it up, because every indication is we are playing CL football at Wembley wether you like it or not. Agree atmosphere is a concern but the visits you speak of are cup finals/semi-finals, which by their very nature means they have approx 30K allocated to each section of support (less than attend WHL @37k). This will be a "home" allocation and therefore +90% allocated to Spurs, massive difference.
Its not Spurs fans ripping of their own fans remember its the club you that signed an agreement with stubhub. They are doing this purely out of greed and not "for the fans". Just as they would have had us playing in Stratford.

Shame but 30,000 is not enough for CL football, if we can for big games get 90,000 down Wembley that would be amazing.

Also not so worried about the tourist/plastic fan issue, CL games will get every hardcore fan coming, we could easily get 90,000 passionate Spurs fans for a game against the likes of Barcelona.
I doubt we will get 90k. Barca only sell out the Nou Camp when they play against Real in Super Classico and may be a 1/4 CL and above. But we will certainly get to see how real that waiting list is.

Its not Spurs fans ripping of their own fans remember its the club you that signed an agreement with stubhub. They are doing this purely out of greed and not "for the fans". Just as they would have had us playing in Stratford.
Any ticket sold on StubHub is sold by a holder of a ticket in the first place, who is either a tout under cover or a Spurs fan, or is there another ticket holder I have missed?

I doubt we will get 90k. Barca only sell out the Nou Camp when they play against Real in Super Classico and may be a 1/4 CL and above. But we will certainly get to see how real that waiting list is.

I was referring to post earlier from Freudlyuchenko Freudlyuchenko where the article said we get get full capacity at Wembley for a few big games.

I really reckon we could do it, it's a rare treat, every Spurs fan around would go to a Barca Spurs game.

....or is there another ticket holder I have missed?

Yuh-huhh... only the most famous Spurs ticket holder of them all....

1412958515784_wps_4_Tottenham_Press_Conferenc.jpg

Last edited:
It's a shame if the games aren't at WHL, but more people will see them, so swings and roundabouts. I'd be on the side of traditional until I realise I can get a ticket for a CL match, then nostalgia takes a back seat.

It's a shame if the games aren't at WHL, but more people will see them, so swings and roundabouts. I'd be on the side of traditional until I realise I can get a ticket for a CL match, then nostalgia takes a back seat.

I'm with this, if the extra seats mean more kids and younger fans who do not have silly money can come watch our team, those who have been blocked by selfie stick tourist warriors since 2010 then it's worth it

White Hart Lane needs a proper send off, it's a shame we couldn't have played some CL games under the flood lights there. Would have been amazing.
It'll get that either way.

In reality, Champions League football hasn't been a mainstay or a big thing at WHL or it's history. Although nights like Inter Milan are up there with the greatest I've ever experienced I'm not overly disappointed those few games won't be held there.

The games that will be, will no doubt give the old girl the greatest send off imaginable.

It'll get that either way.
The games that will be, will no doubt give the old girl the greatest send off imaginable.
You just know the final league game at home will be against the Arse... just to give them another opportunity to ruin something else for us...
AN OPPORTUNITY WE CAN NOT GIVE THEM!

We saw West Ham go all out to make sure their final London Derby against us (and them) didn't end in defeat...
We need to do the same!

Getting use to Wembley is a massive advantage for any future cup final/semi final and also for our England players. Not sure people fully appreciate just how big an advantage it is.

I didn't have an ST the last time we were in CL, the Inter game cost me £150!!!! This season with 4,000 seats removed you would be looking at tickets costing over £200 per game. (Doesn't effect me as I have an ST now) but we all know there are hundreds if not thousands of ST owners who will sell their tickets and make a mint out of fellow Spurs fans. By having more tickets available means a very limited ticket resell market & because of this prices hopefully will not see Spurs taking the piss (crosses fingers).

Without any doubt we face a challenge by playing what will be effectively an away game in every tie, but having +50,000 Spurs fans (may be more if reports are to be believed about opening top tier if demand is there) is also something to look forward to. We are not Woolwich, we have a vocal support, and if our away supporters turn up for these games (seeing they are effectively away games) then that could be quite a special atmosphere.
Respect your opinion on this but disagree.

The atmosphere against Inter, AC Milan, Real Madrid etc. was incredible. I doubt that many Spurs fans sold their tickets to make a mint. Why would you? It doesn't make sense. If you're a loyal yid, which as a ST holder you are (unless you're a corporate in the West Stand who wants to entertain clients), then surely you'd want to see these games yourself. I agree with you that it is wrong to sell tickets to another yid beyond face value...unless, say, you are on the bread line for a year and need to do this to keep your ST, which I understand.

My feeling is that Wembley will be half-full of part-time/armchair Spurs fans now that we're in the CL. You won't get the hardcore grouping together (i.e. Park Lane and Shelfside) and that will really affect our support...just the same as at Emirates all the goons were dissipated around the ground, they didn't (and don't) have "an end". At Wembley you'll get a lad who wants to sing and swear next to a family or a tourist...it won't work. And sound carries poorly in that stadium, and you're far away from the pitch.

I can't see the team doing well at Wembley either, which is even more important. It's like an away game and I think the atmosphere at the Lane with the fans close to the pitch, the Park Lane and Shelfside starting the songs etc, was a big factor in our CL run last time around.

I really hope you're right and I'm wrong though, and obviously I'd encourage all the lot on here to go to Wembley for these games and try and make it special. I'll be there but predict Levy will use this as an excuse to not include any CL games in the ST and charge a lot for them.

I'm pretty sure, you're overestimating the advantage quite a bit more than "people" underestimate it :chadliwtf:

People go to Wembley and are surprised by just how big the pitch size is. It's the maximum legal limit, in terms of length and width, whereas WHL is below the minimum allowed limit (Or just about reaches it). That difference is absolutely massive and playing there for a season will teach our players how to abuse space and take advantage of it. It's a really big advantage to have.

The more familiar you get with a cup final atmosphere the better, and what better way to become familiar than to play in the stadia of one every single game?

People go to Wembley and are surprised by just how big the pitch size is. It's the maximum legal limit, in terms of length and width, whereas WHL is below the minimum allowed limit (Or just about reaches it). That difference is absolutely massive and playing there for a season will teach our players how to abuse space and take advantage of it. It's a really big advantage to have.

The more familiar you get with a cup final atmosphere the better, and what better way to become familiar than to play in the stadia of one every single game?

Basing a huge decision like where to play our home matches on an advantage in one or two matches every season if all things align and we go far in the cups is just a silly argument.

Even if I was inclined to agree the difference is that big, I'm sure the coach turning an expected 5th-7th team into a CL-team can juuuuuuust manage to set up a training session or two that'll help when we face the monumental task of a big pitch :pochsmirk:

When did I say basing?

I'm saying it's a pretty good side advantage to have.

And your second point is completely irrelevant. Not sure where that came from or why. When did I say Poch couldn't do training sessions? o_O Are you just in a smary, smart ass mood? I'll let this conversation die anyway, nice talking

Back
Top Bottom