New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More from our mate Wine Gum on SSC...
87524148be42f164524b4c4a212c380d.jpg

ae92b021b4f77386625e4419e3ff2e8c.jpg

fe30c558fe842e1ea43106f45c402cd9.jpg

c9a46eda8b9f0a4a337699214d3cd2f0.jpg

37a2bb04baa6be640dd64070c103dba0.jpg

cb18f71a552ff78f5730d6d22e58269e.jpg

eb6d14ac0d80fd79c1863f008336ecc2.jpg

2ac1236d43ed44e16dff61ad762dec86.jpg

I do like a tidy site.

More from our mate Wine Gum on SSC...
87524148be42f164524b4c4a212c380d.jpg

ae92b021b4f77386625e4419e3ff2e8c.jpg

fe30c558fe842e1ea43106f45c402cd9.jpg

c9a46eda8b9f0a4a337699214d3cd2f0.jpg

37a2bb04baa6be640dd64070c103dba0.jpg

cb18f71a552ff78f5730d6d22e58269e.jpg

eb6d14ac0d80fd79c1863f008336ecc2.jpg

2ac1236d43ed44e16dff61ad762dec86.jpg
Are there really people who get off on traipsing around building site perimeters taking surreptitious pics of work in progress, maybe catching the odd glance of builders cleft?
Are these people just real hardcore fans, over the moon and documenting or a kind of trainspotter with JCB's?
Are these people actual architects, engineers, etc., and it's the job they are in?

Each to his own an all that, but I find something quite creepy about grown men pointing lenses through building site fences and posting pics of rebar, piles & concrete, and getting very excited by it all.
:disdain:

It's great. It's history. But I'll draw the line at getting the 'wank kit' out and dropping me kecks.

You just know that none of the CL games at Wembley will be included in the season ticket and Levy will charge a fucking big price for them. That's probably why the ST renewals are being done so late, he was waiting for that. I know this Wembley CL thing is good for a lot of you because it helps more people get tickets, but I think it's bad in so many ways, not least for the team. The scum were shit there and I think it takes away a massive part of our home advantage.

You just know that none of the CL games at Wembley will be included in the season ticket and Levy will charge a fucking big price for them. That's probably why the ST renewals are being done so late, he was waiting for that. I know this Wembley CL thing is good for a lot of you because it helps more people get tickets, but I think it's bad in so many ways, not least for the team. The scum were shit there and I think it takes away a massive part of our home advantage.
Its bad because its our final season at "White Hart Lane"....

I didn't have an ST the last time we were in CL, the Inter game cost me £150!!!! This season with 4,000 seats removed you would be looking at tickets costing over £200 per game. (Doesn't effect me as I have an ST now) but we all know there are hundreds if not thousands of ST owners who will sell their tickets and make a mint out of fellow Spurs fans. By having more tickets available means a very limited ticket resell market & because of this prices hopefully will not see Spurs taking the piss (crosses fingers).

Without any doubt we face a challenge by playing what will be effectively an away game in every tie, but having +50,000 Spurs fans (may be more if reports are to be believed about opening top tier if demand is there) is also something to look forward to. We are not Woolwich, we have a vocal support, and if our away supporters turn up for these games (seeing they are effectively away games) then that could be quite a special atmosphere.

I didn't have an ST the last time we were in CL, the Inter game cost me £150!!!! This season with 4,000 seats removed you would be looking at tickets costing over £200 per game. (Doesn't effect me as I have an ST now) but we all know there are hundreds if not thousands of ST owners who will sell their tickets and make a mint out of fellow Spurs fans. By having more tickets available means a very limited ticket resell market & because of this prices hopefully will not see Spurs taking the piss (crosses fingers).

Without any doubt we face a challenge by playing what will be effectively an away game in every tie, but having +50,000 Spurs fans (may be more if reports are to be believed about opening top tier if demand is there) is also something to look forward to. We are not Woolwich, we have a vocal support, and if our away supporters turn up for these games (seeing they are effectively away games) then that could be quite a special atmosphere.
Suck it up, you'll have a chance to see us in the CL again at the new stadium, you'll never have the chance to see us in action at WHL again though.

The atmosphere we have produced the last couple of times i've seen us at wembley and cardiff has been fucking shameful. now imagine that stretched round 80% of the stadium rather than 50%.

Suck it up, you'll have a chance to see us in the CL again at the new stadium, you'll never have the chance to see us in action at WHL again though.

The atmosphere we have produced the last couple of times i've seen us at wembley and cardiff has been fucking shameful. now imagine that stretched round 80% of the stadium rather than 50%.
So you think it's a good thing Spurs fans a) Rip off it's own supporters b) WHL full of cunts paying £200 for a ticket c) Only a small minority of Spurs fans able to get a ticket?

Unfortunately for you it would appear that it is you that has to suck it up, because every indication is we are playing CL football at Wembley wether you like it or not. Agree atmosphere is a concern but the visits you speak of are cup finals/semi-finals, which by their very nature means they have approx 30K allocated to each section of support (less than attend WHL @37k). This will be a "home" allocation and therefore +90% allocated to Spurs, massive difference.

I'm very disappointed we are going to Wembley for CL games. One of the main ways I put into words just how impressive our season was going was to say that that such a young squad looked set to secure CL football for the last season at WHL. For a club with a rich European history, saying goodbye to one of the great old grounds – to do so with glamour ties against proper European names, was a dream to me.

And now that isn't going to happen. The last European action at WHL will be that thrown game against BVB. And we will essentially play away every game, in a huge sterile ground, on an unfamiliar pitch, and all that.

Seems it's a done deal, but I think it's a real shame.

I'm very disappointed we are going to Wembley for CL games.... we will essentially play away every game, in a huge sterile ground, on an unfamiliar pitch, and all that.

Seems it's a done deal, but I think it's a real shame.
Then I think we need to make Wembley our 2nd home again... it wasn't SO long ago (only a few decades!!) that we seemed to play there almost every season...

We need to refamiliarise ourselves with Wembley.... and who knows, it might even be to our benifit in one of the Cups...

Playing a domestic Cup Final 'effectively at home' would surely be a fantastic advantage?!

I think it's alot more important that we have Champions League football for our first season in the new stadium then worrying about having it in our last season at our old stadium.

Shame but 30,000 is not enough for CL football, if we can for big games get 90,000 down Wembley that would be amazing.

Also not so worried about the tourist/plastic fan issue, CL games will get every hardcore fan coming, we could easily get 90,000 passionate Spurs fans for a game against the likes of Barcelona.

Back
Top Bottom