New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

White Hart Lane station will be redeveloped – with the creation of a newly-located station entrance, a new ticket hall and wider platform access. This redevelopment forms part of the regeneration plans for the west side of the High Road being led by Haringey Council. A planning application is expected later in 2015 with a target opening date of 2017.

The White Hart Lane station train service is coming under the control of London Overground in 2015 – with brand new and higher capacity trains, similar to the new Metropolitan Line trains, and station improvements planned. This important project is now being developed by TfL, Network Rail and Haringey Council.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/new-scheme/well-connected/

According to the the microsite, the walk from the station to the stadium will be 2 minutes ... Not really sure it'll be that quick, more like 5 - but still, a quicker walk than Wembley.

According to the the microsite, the walk from the station to the stadium will be 2 minutes ... Not really sure it'll be that quick, more like 5 - but still, a quicker walk than Wembley.

With the stadium moving north it's gonna be little over 100m walk to the North-West corner.

I hope it doesn't take you 5 minutes to walk that far.

I'd rather keep white hart lane as the stadium name, anything else just sounds a bit plastic to me.
Maybe you just need to warm up to the new name. How about these sponsorship ideas:

Tesco Terrace
EA Sports' White Hart "It's in the Lane" Arena
Barclays' Barclaycard Bowl sponsored by Barclays

Can anyone clarify if a new tube station will be built? (Sorry if someone's already said and I've missed it)

There are no plans.

But it's a missed opportunity as Northumberland Park is where the Victoria and Piccadilly line trains go to sleep.

There's even a fucking tunnel spur line already in existence! I think it will happen but not for ten years. Ken Livingstone wanted this but of course as its a poor area Boris spiked it.

If the new plans happen it will happen. They have spent 100's of millions on creating a new spur of the northern line for the New battersea development.

In this aerial shot, you can see that the North end of the ground will be the one with multiple tiers - meaning that the one-tier-end (I refuse to call it a 'Kop') will be the Park Lane!

south-aerial-day-page.jpg

I really hope that the away fans are given the bit of the new West stand that's directly next to the one-tier-end, for atmosphere reasons. I guess it would work the same if they were given the southern end of the East stand, but that wouldn't go down well considering that bit will always be known as the Shelf...

In this aerial shot, you can see that the North end of the ground will be the one with multiple tiers - meaning that the one-tier-end (I refuse to call it a 'Kop') will be the Park Lane!

south-aerial-day-page.jpg

I really hope that the away fans are given the bit of the new West stand that's directly next to the one-tier-end, for atmosphere reasons. I guess it would work the same if they were given the southern end of the East stand, but that wouldn't go down well considering that bit will always be known as the Shelf...
I'm torn. On the one hand I love the new stadium design; looks amazing.

On the other hand, I look at that picture, and this is all I see:

xMYwJSg.jpg

Yes - that´s definitely one. Statistics on players performance is another. On top of that, it could also be various in app purchase features such as match programmes, food ordering (just pick it up at the counter), etc.
I am going to be an old cranky cunt about this. If you want that shit stay at home and watch it. I am personally glad that WHL is a WiFi desert. ( not aimed at you personally just the concept of it) aghhh

I am going to be an old cranky cunt about this. If you want that shit stay at home and watch it. I am personally glad that WHL is a WiFi desert. ( not aimed at you personally just the concept of it) aghhh

I am the same - would most likely not use it! Maybe with the exception of ordering a beer between the first and second half to be collected at a checkout, as opposed to stand in a most likely longer payment queue

Back
Top Bottom